Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License server not found when trying to install on Windows 7

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jwallin
3869 Views, 10 Replies

License server not found when trying to install on Windows 7

Hi, I am the IT Support person for a college and am in the process of testing our various applications on the Windows 7 platform. Our ACAD license server (version 11.5.0.0) is on a windows 2003 SP3 server, and it is functioning correctly with our Windows XP clients. I was trying to install AutoCAD on windows 7, but when I try to enter the name of the license server I get an error saying it either does not exist or is not available. I have checked that LMGRD is running and everything appears to be in order. I have tried specifying the license server with its DNS name as well as IP.

Your assistance is appreciated,

James
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: jwallin

I assume you are installing AutoCAD 2010 as this year's release is the only one compatible with Windows 7. Furthermore, do you get connectivity when you try to ping the servername and is the response the correct IP address? When do you get the error? After the product is installed and launched? If so, this can probably be resolved in any number of ways. I just need more detailed information to assist you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
jwallin

Hi Travis,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm installing ACAD 2010, I can ping the server by "servername.mydomain.ca" and get the correct IP back in the reply on the Win 7 machine. I have ACAD 2010 installed on XP machines in my labs and they are functioning fine.... They can access the license server OK.

I am getting the error during the install configuration where it asks for the License Type. Network, single license server, when I enter the name of the server such "servername.mydomain.ca" or the IP of the server I get "You entered the name of a server that does not exist or is currently not available on the network. To ignore and continue, click Yes. To change the server name, click No."

Regards,

James
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

The license manager usually ignores the domain name. You should just enter the hostname without the domain name. Also try to ping the server by just hostname. See if that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
jwallin

Thanks Travis... it appears we were having some DNS problems. I wasn't able to ping by the hostname only. The license server was on a subdomain, but after adding that in, it connected fine... Looking too deep and missed the obvious.. thanks for the re-focus.

James
Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

That's what I do. 🙂 Glad you are back up and running.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
vtolentino

Hi guys,

My customer is having the same issue. All machines that have Windows Xp are able to find the server but the last on which is running Windows 7 O.S. is unable to find the server. We've tried to ping the server and we get successful doing it. After that we tried to change the host name and insert the host ip but the issue keeps happening.

Please does anyone have any idea?

Best Regards,

Victor Oliveira Tolentino

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: vtolentino

It's best not to disable your Windows Firewall in Windows 7.  What you likely need to do is make a host entry change to your HOSTS file located at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc.  Simply put the correct IPv4 address and the hostname and save the file.  You may also want to create two system environment variables called ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a value of @SERVERNAME and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11
LouisinLondon

We have the exact same problem.

Screenshot attached:

--------------------------- Autodesk Education Master Suite 2014 ---------------------------

You entered the name of a server that does not exist or is currently not available on the network.

To ignore and continue, click Yes. To change the server name, click No.

--------------------------- Yes   No   ---------------------------

DNS = fine

License server is serving to other software using LMNGR fine..

License file is fine - and validates

error-license-serveer-not-found.png
Server diagnostics:

-------- Diagnostics -------- FLEXnet diagnostics on Fri 9/13/2013 13:28

----------------------------------------------------- License file: C:\flexlm\aw_pde-cad.dat ----------------------------------------------------- "Studiof" v2008, vendor: sgiawd   License server: pde-cad.mdx.ac.uk   floating license no expiration date

This license can be checked out ----------------------------------------------------- -------- Diagnostics -------- FLEXnet diagnostics on Fri 9/13/2013 13:28

----------------------------------------------------- License file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\AutoDesk-pde-cad.lic ----------------------------------------------------- "86112EMS_2014_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex   License server: pde-cad floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 03-sep-2014   Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out ----------------------------------------------------- "86087ENCSU_2014_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex   License server: pde-cad   floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 03-sep-2014   Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out ----------------------------------------------------- "86058MAYAMMR1_2014_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex   License server: pde-cad   floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 03-sep-2014   Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out ----------------------------------------------------- "86090SFTIMSIB_2014_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex   License server: pde-cad   floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 03-sep-2014   Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out ----------------------------------------------------- "86095TRTLPB_2014_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex   License server: pde-cad   floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 03-sep-2014   Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out ----------------------------------------------------- "86208VRDPRO_2014_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex   License server: pde-cad   floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 03-sep-2014   Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out -----------------------------------------------------

What we have tried so far:

1) Host entry to point the server IP

1.2.3.4 pdecad

since we thought it might be the "-" in the DNS?

2) Disabled all the other services running under LMTools -> including 2008 3dmax (which runs' fine..)

3) Switched off Firewall on Both sides.

4) Switched Win7 "networking" feature to WORK network. -under sharing settings...

Advice please...

Message 10 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: LouisinLondon

Ignore the error and continue installation.

It's possible that your server is not listing itself in the directory, but so long as you can PING by hostname or IP address, and ports 2080 and 27000 are open, you should be fine.  Just get the product installed and launch it.

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 11
dembkod
in reply to: LouisinLondon

LouisinLondon,

Hello. This error does not necessarily mean you will have a problem. You could try to use the IP address instead, or if you are confident on the server name, just accept the message and proceed. Your client installs may work just fine. If they don’t you can adjust the client machines and look at the server firewall after.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report