Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License server mac address has changed but I can't re-register it

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
acwtzwegers
1483 Views, 2 Replies

License server mac address has changed but I can't re-register it

During maintanance over the holidays, our IT dept. changed the mac address of the server we use for flexlm. ( I don't know, they may have upgraded the OS - though it's still at 2003.)

As a result our lic file is no longer valid and our networked software won't start up anymore.

Autodesk help etc said I should register again to get a fresh lic file with the new address... but the old server was never "unregistered" (or whatever the procedure is) and now registeronce.autodesk.com tells me:

Reactivation Limit Reached
You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license.

Is there some way to de-register the old address and get a new lic file for the new address?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: acwtzwegers

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://www.autodesk.com/licensesupport or www.autodesk.com/register

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and the mac address, server name

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
acwtzwegers
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you, but your suggestions are what I described under "Autodesk help etc.".

Both those sites and my reseller suggested asking on this forum. Usually replies from Autodesk here are pretty prompt, but today no such luck.

So, instead our IT is just going to change the mac address back to the old one. (yes, they can do that... I didn't bother to ask why they didn't do that in the first place.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report