Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License server help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nustanik
481 Views, 2 Replies

License server help

When I am installing autodesk 2014 ultimate I select network license. For some reason the installation still asks for a serial number and product key? Is this normal? If so then what is the purpose of going to the trouble of installing a license server??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: nustanik

This used to not be an issue. But now they require you to enter the proper serial/key.  Annoying, I agree.  But what you can do is just create a network deployment once and then you can install it on the clients without having to answer the steps anymore.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
avto
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Product installation wizard regardless of licensing method will ask you to provide the correct match of serial number and product key, so that the appropriate entry was made in ProductInformation.pit file.  

ProductInformation.pit file is a very important file as it keeps track of Autodesk products installed on your system starting version 2010 and above.

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AdLM\ProductInformation.pit
W7/W8:  C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit

Regarding differences between Autodesk products licensing methods, please visit the link below.

Autodesk Licensing

If you are installing your copy of Autodesk software on many computers, to avoid re-entry of serial number/product key, network license server information, I would suggest following Travis’s advice in the above post.

If you need assistance with setting up your network license server or troubleshoot network licensing issues, you can use Autodesk Virtual Agent.

1.Go to http://www.autodesk.com
2.At the bottom of the page, beneath Help and Support, click Customer Service.
3.Click the Ask button.
4.In the Virtual Agent window
5.Click “Network Licensing Help

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report