Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ouertatanihoucem
362 Views, 3 Replies

License question

Hi
I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.
I have a question about Maya licensing. I'm currently playing around with UE4 and have an educational license Maya. After I finish mastering different techniques I'm planning to start content creation with Maya for a project. If I switch at that time to Maya LT will I have to remake any content I had already made with the education version? Can I import that content into Maya LT for commercial use (not only from a technical standpoint but also a licensing one ) ?
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The license agreement specifically states that you cannot use any work created in the educational version.  You would need to redo the work in a commercial version.  Sorry. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your answer 😄
I know this is a little out of topic, but do you think I should go with blender? I like it but it doesn't seem to be the best choice for video game development.
Message 4 of 4

Anything you do that's 3D Modeling and Rendering is going to be a plus for that industry.  But I can tell you, in my neck of the woods, the closest developer is Volition and they use 3DStudio MAX. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5806471

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report