Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License network which applications?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cyril-fr
378 Views, 7 Replies

License network which applications?

Hi everybody,
i have to install a license network server for one of my company's site
Nevertheless, people works with a lot of AUTODESK applications.
Is it possible to set a license server with LMTOOLS which could distribuate licenses for all the products listed in the attached file "versionsACAD.doc"
thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: cyril-fr

Network licensing rules may be different in your country and region. Current license rules for products under Subscription allow Autodesk 2010 products to also license products up to three versions back. This means that under Subscription, you can license Autdoesk products for version releases of 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. This includes the versions of AutoCAD and its vertical products such as ACAD Electrical, MEP, etc. Please note that AutoCAD LT is not a network licensed product and is only offered as a stand-alone license activation.
Autodesk products prior to 2007 are considered retired and you will be unlikely to receive a license file for these products, especially if you have upgraded them to current versions. Additionally, you are not allowed to run more licenses than the total number of current licenses that you own. Therefore if you have 5 seats of AutoCAD 2009 that was upgraded via Subsription to 5 seats of AutoCAD 2010, you can run a total of 5 seats of AutoCAD 2009 and AutoCAD 2010 combined. You cannot, however, run 10 licenses total of these products.
Additionally, the current version of the Autodesk Network License Manager can be used for all Autodesk products starting with AutoCAD 2004. Releases of the product prior to AutoCAD 2004 use a different license manager system.
Please check with the reseller in your country if you have additional questions about your regional licensing.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
cyril-fr

many thanks TravisNave for your answer that helps me a lot.
Please could you confirm me that when you say
"you can license Autdoesk products for version releases of 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. This includes the versions of AutoCAD and its vertical products such as ACAD Electrical, MEP, etc. "
does it also includes : Autocad drawing Viewer, Autocad Express Tools and Autocad R14.0 ,
Sorry for such questions but i absolutely don t know Autocad applicatons'
cyril
Message 4 of 8
cyril-fr

Moreover, when you talk about "the current version of the Autodesk Network License Manager can be used for all Autodesk products starting with AutoCAD 2004"
i d like to be sure that are we talking about the same License manager, i mean LMTOOLS (or flexnet)
Please could you confirm it ?
thank you
cyril-fr
Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

Sir, the other products that you mention are not network seat products. AutoCAD Viewer is a stand-alone free application to view DWGs and requires no license. Express Tools is a custom add-on that is part of AutoCAD and not a separate product. AutoCAD 14.0 is older than dirt. Autodesk products that use a network license since AutoCAD 2004 use FlexLM, otherwise known as FlexNet and LMTOOLS. The current version as of this post is 11.8. Hope this answers all of your questions. Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
cyril-fr

All right, you confirm what i thought
many thanks and br
cyril
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi cyril,

If you want more information, i can answer in french.
I add to travis comment :
You can have license file for AutoCAD 2004,2005,2006 if you are actually
under subscription and in maximum of what you have buy at this period.
You can contact AriCad (www.aricad.fr).

Franck Hervet

"cyril-fr" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
6335628@discussion.autodesk.com...
> All right, you confirm what i thought
> many thanks and br
> cyril
Message 8 of 8
cyril-fr

Bonjour Franck,
merci beaucoup pour votre proposition, que j'accepte volontiers, il me sera en effet beaucoup plus facile d'exposer mes questions.Effectivement j'aurai d'autres questions à ce sujet..je vous recontacte très prochainement.
merci beaucoup
cordialement

Cyril

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report