Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
navbor
217 Views, 1 Reply

License lost (virus)

On Thursday last week, I wanted to install ObjectARX SDK for AutoCAD.

In order to do this I needed to disable my UAC. While I was busy with the installation, my machine was infected by malware, and a lot of functionality was disabled.

Many, many files were marked as hidden, some (most) of my start menu items were removed and several other issues cropped up. For example I was unable to run any application (including the LTU).

I eventually cleared the first malware software by fiddling in the registry, but then several more took its place.

Eventually, it was clear that the only fix would be to reformat the machine. Unfortunately I could not transfer my license to another machine, because the LTU would not run. (I just want to mention that this happened before where the LTU would not run and there were no viruses, so I am not convinced that the malware / virus was the cause of the LTU not running, several other users also seemed to have commented on the LTU in the past, nudge, nudge).

Never the less, I eventually had no choice but to format the machine, thinking that I could just contact the local reseller and have the license "reset", so that I could import again using the LTU.

This turned out not to be possible. Ultimately I sent a ticket to Autodesk on Friday, and I understand that it takes one business day, but I needed to work over the weekend.

I had to then remove the hard drive with the Autodesk installation, and setup a new hard drive so that I could run the software in trial mode until the issue is resolved.

However, I now cannot go and see customers to go and do presentations, because I cannot transfer the license to my laptop, my customers neded me to come and see them today, but I had to put them off, I am concerned that the customers are losing confidence.

How can this issue be resolved URGENTLY? Please can someone advise / assist.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Regards
Rob
-------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Pro (X64)
Intel(R) core (TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K2000
Autodesk Inventor 2015 Professional Ultimate Design Suite
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
camilo.lemos
in reply to: navbor

Hi Rob,

Please send me via private message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then click on Send Private Message) your product's serial number and the request code obtained on the computer where you need to have your license active.

I'll have your license activate as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report