Installation & Licensing

sebastian.pietta
Message 1 of 2 (4,976 Views)
Accepted Solution

License failed to initiate ERROR 30; 3ds Max 2012

4976 Views, 1 Replies
10-13-2011 07:41 AM

Hi,

I'm confronted with one or two problems.

First: I'm a student and got a license from Autodesk for 3ds Max 2012. I installed the German version but I realized, that it's much more better to work with the English version. So I downloaded that version and installed it.

So far so good. When I opened the program a window appeared and said: "Error splas.dll". I ignored it a few days. Today I read that it might have an conflict with the German version. I uninstalled the German version and after that NOTHING worked. I uninstalled everything I found and deleted everything in the Temp-folder etc...I tried to reinstall the English version...but it said that it is already installed.

So I reseated my system to the point before uninstalling the German version. NOW when I try to open 3ds Max there appears another error "The software license failed to initialize. Error 30". I exported and reimported my student-license but it didn't solve the problem.

Guys...what can I do? Did I make a huge mistake or how can I fix it?

Thank you so far!

Sebastian

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 2 (4,961 Views)

Re: License failed to initiate ERROR 30; 3ds Max 2012

10-13-2011 12:15 PM in reply to: sebastian.pietta

Can you check out this post:

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/shane/licensing_and_install_problems

If not, the uninstall and reinstall the software and check if the following registry keys exist and delete them.

NOTE: Backup your registry keys (Folders) before deleting them.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/general-installation-cannot-uninstall-andor-reins...

David Lau
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.