Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

pmcterry
Message 1 of 2 (625 Views)

License export failed but AutoCAD thinks my license is exported

625 Views, 1 Replies
02-11-2011 09:51 AM

I tried to export my AutoCAD 2010 license so I could transfer it to another location where I would be working.  The license export came back saying it failed (but I didn't see the reason why before I closed it).  I tried running my AutoCAD and now it says that the license has been exported and I should import it.  But when I try to import it, it says it failed because that serial number is not on my subscription.  I don't understand what happened because it never should have exported!  And now I can't use AutoCAD at all because I import my license!!!  Or is it still on my computer somewhere?

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 2 (587 Views)

Re: License export failed but AutoCAD thinks my license is exported

02-15-2011 12:37 AM in reply to: pmcterry

if you dont have any other Autodesk 2010/2011 products.

please try to delete the license files,

XP->C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

win7/vista->C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

Activate the product using one of the manual methods

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5584421&linkID=9241177

then try the LTU.

if this doesnt work, uninstall the product,delete the following following folder; then try reinstall

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

Since you have reached maximum online activation attempts, you will have to use Manual activation method.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.