Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
AndrewWebb5734
223 Views, 2 Replies

License conflict

I am trying to install a full Revit license on a machine that previously had a student license on it.  I couldn't use the license transfer facility (wouldn't give me the option to import the license from an old machine that I exported) so I unistalled the student version and installed the full version.  I put in the serial number and product key from the box but it then said that a previous license version was found on this machine and it used that license - the student version - instead of the full version.  So, currently it's still running student version.  How do I get the full version working?  Urgent help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Andrew,

For this type of issue, we always suggest that one do the Clean Uninstall to remove all Autodesk Product on the machine. Once done, then you can install the full version of the License that you purchased.

Please refer to this link on how to do Revit Clean Uninstall : http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16828836&linkID=9243099.

If this resolved your issue, please click on the accept button so it may serve as a reference for other users having the same problem.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3

This problem are experienced by users who used a Student or Educational prior to installing a full version. You can find on how to solve the problem through here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report