Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License allocated a particular computer or user

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
310 Views, 1 Reply

License allocated a particular computer or user

Hi All,

We have got 2 licenses now and want to buy another one. But we want to allocated the third one to one particular computer and other users can not get it even it is avaliable in the network. I am not sure is there any solution for this or there is a special kind of license can help us to do this?

Regards
Daniel
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Of course this can be done. You simply need to create an adskflex.opt Options file and use the RESERVE option to always hold a license for a particular user. That way one user will always have a license and everybody else can fight for the remaining two. The instructions are in the FlexLM User Guide, but I'll gladly help you here if you need it. Let me know when you get your 3rd license.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report