Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Trasnfer Utility AND Registration/Activation tool NOT WORKING!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
978 Views, 1 Reply

License Trasnfer Utility AND Registration/Activation tool NOT WORKING!!!

I am trying to activate a license on my home machine to complete a very important deadline in Revit Architecture 2011 by Tuesday (Today is Sunday, tomorrow is Labor Day)...

The License transfer utility is not working.... When I try to launch it, nothing happens. If I monitor the Task Manager I see the LTU process show up then disappear after a few seconds. This machine has successfully transfered my license back and forth to work several times recently.

ALSO

I have an available activation on another license that I should be able to use to get this machine up and running BUT the stupid "REGISTER" button in the "Product and LIcense Information" window ALSO fails to do anything. When I click it, the Vista cursor wheel spins for a second, then stops, and nothing happens. If I watch the task manager, I see the LMU process start, then disappear again a few seconds later.

This is Revit 2011 build 20100326_1700(x64)

I am running Vista 64 Professional with all the system updates.

I've logged out and in, rebooted, created a new user profile with admin priveleges, but the same symptoms persist.

What do I do???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

You might have a corrupt license from older installation.

Please delete/move any adsk*.data & adsk*_backup.* file from following folder.

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

this would delete all licenses for All Autodesk 2010/2011 products. you can try to activate again.

if you still have issues.

Please try to remove and install revit.

still having issue.

It could be related to the active scripting.

Some pointers are here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Blank-Register-Today-Screen/m-p/2735313

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report