Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
jdcengr
444 Views, 2 Replies

License Transfer

I wish to purchase AutoCad 2009 from a company that is closing. Is that legit? Anything special I need to do? Will it run on 64 bit?
Thanks
JC
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jdcengr

You will need to complete a transfer of license ownership. You may want to verify that the product is not under Subscription, as the 2009 would have already been auto-fulfilled to a new version and no longer be a valid product. Generally, these kinds of license transfers are only done when one company purchases another company and acquires the assets. You will find it difficult to activate the product if you do not own it and it will be impossible to use it for future upgrades if the license has not been properly transferred by Autodesk. This is something that a reseller should assist you with. It should run fine on Vista 64, but it is not supported on Windows 7.

You can get the TOL form from the reseller.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jdcengr

Here is the portion of the EULA concerning this topic:

3.2 PROHIBITED ACTIONS - Autodesk does not permit any of the following actions and You acknowledge that such actions shall be prohibited:

3.2.3 Transfers. You may not distribute, rent, loan, lease, sell, sublicense, or otherwise transfer all or any portion of the Autodesk Materials, or any rights granted in this Agreement, to any other person without the prior written consent of Autodesk.

If Autodesk and the owner agree prior to the sale, then you can present the TOL to an Authorized Reseller.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report