Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
397 Views, 6 Replies

License Transfer

I am trying to transfer the license I have for AutoCad 2010 from my old Windows 7 32 bit system to my new Windows 64 bit system, I try to find the utility for transfer on the old system and it is not there. I tried to uninstall and reinstall that feature but no luck, I tried to repair but that failed as well, Is there anyway to download the LTU separately? Or what else could I try to get this to work. Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Do this:
- Install and Authroize 2010 on the new PC. Just like you did back in the day with the old PC. Make sure everything works like you want it. Copy anything you need from the old setup to the new setup if you need to as well.

- Make Sure all is well and running good on the new PC.

- Start AutoCAD on the old PC, browse around and make sure you got what you needed. Quit AutoCAD. Uninstall AutoCAD through Windows uninstaller.

LTU is junk. Not worth the time of day or any anguish trying to use it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

First thanks for reply, second I dont have the old license. I have the installer they used back in 2010 but no license. Is there anyway to get the license from the old computer and transfer to the new PC?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Start AutoCAD on the old PC, start ABOUT command: there is a button to click on that popup to see your license information. Hope that helps.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I was able to find the Serial Number but I do not see the Product Key where can I find this?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I was able to find both codes but now it asks me for an activation code is there any way to get that off the old PC?

Message 7 of 7
Nirah.Aziz

Hello Patrick!

Please send me a PM (click on Nirah.Aziz profile name and then choose Send this User a Private Message) with your Serial Number, the request code and confirm the registered company name or contact our licence assistance team for direct support.

They will reply to you via email.

Best Regards,

Munirah Aziz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report