Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer clarification for Stand Alone License

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RFreund
947 Views, 2 Replies

License Transfer clarification for Stand Alone License

2 questions really:

1. Normally Autodesk allows an AutoCAD stand alone license to be installed and activated on 2 computures for 1 person while only using 1 at a time. Say a "work" and "home" computer. Currently I have a new "home" computer, therefore I would like to activate the license on my new "home" computer and 'deactivate' the license on my old "home" computer. How should this be done?

2. This stems from quesiton 1. I would think that I can use the Licenses Tranfer Utility tool/method from the old "home computer to the new "home" computer, however I am concerned that this will 'deactivate' the license on my "work" computer as well. Is this correct or no? How does LTU handle this 'dual' activation? Can a license be permantley 'active' on say the "work" computer and then tranfered between several "home" computers. For example say you have a "work" desktop, a "home" desktop and a "home" laptop. Assuming you are (must) only be using 1 at any given time, can you have your "work" computer active while transfering licenses between your "home" computers?

Thanks I appreciate your time!

www.HowToEngineer.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: RFreund

Hi Ryan,

You are absolutely correct in that you would utilize the LTU to move the license from the old home computer to the new one.

In regards to your second question, in doing so it would not affect or deactivate the license on your work computer as the LTU simply exports license info from one machine to the cloud until another machine requests it / imports it. To further clarify, the LTU can be used with multiseat standalone licenses (one serial number, multiple seats, multiple activations) without issue, which is pretty similar to your situation (one serial number, multiple activations).

Please note that you can't export more licenses than you actually own, i.e. with one seat you would only be able to have one open export at a time.

Check out the LTU FAQ and How-To for more info and accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Message 3 of 3
RFreund
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks that claifies it for me. 

"Please note that you can't export more licenses than you actually own, i.e. with one seat you would only be able to have one open export at a time."

Tthat was the 'limitation' I was looking for.

www.HowToEngineer.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report