Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility questions.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
acwtzwegers
1713 Views, 8 Replies

License Transfer Utility questions.

In the License Transfer Utility for 2008 you're asked to assign a new computer number where the license will be transfered to... what does one do if you don't have a target computer and still don't want to just trash your license?

In the License Transfer Utility for 2010, 2011, 2012 a connection is made to the activation servers of Autodesk. It says that one needs to sign in with an Autodesk user ID - but when the "Sign in" button is pressed you're never asked to sign in (or register) and I just get:

"Export request failed

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again (1)"

The numbers come off the packages, have been activated and such - but "try again" doesn't work either.

I have contacted our reseller - but no solutions have come from ethem either (except confirming that the used licenses are legal).

Anything else I'm doing wrong or should be doing that I am not? Is an "Autodesk user ID" assigned in some way or is it the same I use to log in here? (etc)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
acwtzwegers
in reply to: acwtzwegers

After installing six 2012 versions (Product Design Suite) without any trouble, anything else I now try (acad 2011, another product design suite etc) will just not activate - claiming my keys are not valid.

We have quite a stack of really real Autodesk products, boxes, usb sticks and all and things are just not working to get them activated... is that server down, is our reseller messing up, am i doing something wrong with sign-ins or whatever?

Some help would be highly appreciated - I was planning to have 20 to 30 PCs exported and newly installed this week but so far I'm just hitting nothing much of a result and I really cannot do this propperly without activation. (30 days time till our business has to stop is not really an option 😜 )

Message 3 of 9

Hi:

Please see my response below with regard to your inquiry.

1) In the License Transfer Utility for 2008 you're asked to assign a new computer number where the license will be transfered to... what does one do if you don't have a target computer and still don't want to just trash your license?- I would suggest that you do not remove it from your current machine at the moment. Generally, when a license is privately exported, it converts to punlic export status within two weeks.

2) Now, for your  License Transfer Utility for 2010, 2011, 2012 inquiry, you will have to sign-in using the same log-in information you used when you registered the product. There is a need for you to put in the serial number and if it doesn't have that information, it may be the reason why you are getting the error.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 4 of 9

Hi:

To assist you better, please send me the specific serial number you are trying to activate through Private Message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page).

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 9

@arlinpega.bibat wrote:

2) Now, for your  License Transfer Utility for 2010, 2011, 2012 inquiry, you will have to sign-in using the same log-in information you used when you registered the product. There is a need for you to put in the serial number and if it doesn't have that information, it may be the reason why you are getting the error.

Thanks!

Do you mean Windows sign-in? Because when one activates products you are never asked for a log-in. Additionally: that also does not happen when I use the Licence Transfer Utility. The serial number is listed "correctly" when I get the message about it not being valid.

If it means the WIndows log-in, how does one deal with it if an employee is no longer around?

Message 6 of 9

Hi acwtzwegers:

I have created case number 06892281 and will respond directly to you. We will need specific information like serial number and screen shot so we can have a visibility of what you are seeing from your end.

Thank you.

Arlin Bibat
Message 7 of 9

I have received the ticket from customer support. Thank you.

Message 8 of 9
in reply to: acwtzwegers

Hello,

When trying to log in the LTU to import the licence, the following message appears:

"Your online activation request has returned an error (400) which is not allowing your request to be processed using our automated systems. "

Could somebody help me with this, please? It was working perfectly last time I exported the licence by using it.

Message 9 of 9
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: 40833267

Hi 40833267:

To assist you better, please send your serial number through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so we may check further.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report