Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility not Launching

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kgatliffe
311 Views, 4 Replies

License Transfer Utility not Launching

Hey there!

I recently purchased a new laptop and am trying to move my license to it.  I have a stand alone for AutoCAD 2012 for Mac. The License Transfer Utility presents as a Unix Executable File.  I was able to use it on the old computer to get the license off, but now on the new computer the file goes to terminal and no further ... the GUI never opens so I can't enter my information.

I transfered my files over to the new computer using the Mac's Migration Assistant.  License Transfer Utility wasn't transferred though ... I had to move it by hand.  Perhaps there are some other files I need?

Please help!  Thank you so much.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: kgatliffe

Just reactivate. The LTU works about as well as using a hammer to smash a fly on your window.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
kgatliffe
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks!  Sorry to sound like a noob but ... how can I do that?  When I try to open AutoCAD I get an error message that "A software problem has caused AutoCAD to close unexpectedly." Do I just uninstall and reinstall?

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: kgatliffe

That might be a good start, because you won't be able to activate until it
launches.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
kgatliffe
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you so much!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report