Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility - Export Request Failed

51 REPLIES 51
Message 1 of 52
kim_mya
12356 Views, 51 Replies

There is a 2011 LT license that is no longer used by one of the employee. We want to transfer it to a new employee. However, the LTU won't work, it says that the serial number is not valid, but it is valid, so I don't know how I can manage to install the software on the new computer?!?!

51 REPLIES 51
Message 41 of 52
khkuan56
in reply to: Nirah.Aziz

I have a same problem here. I have just successfully exported my license on AutoCAD LT 2013 two months ago from one laptop to another. Now I need to transfer the license to another laptop but keep getting the Export Request Failed, Error reference: 1. Please help.
Message 42 of 52
philip.s
in reply to: khkuan56

Hello @khkuan56!

This typically happens when your license has been upgraded per a subscription contract that has since expired, which appears to be the case here as your AutoCAD LT license was upgraded to the 2014 version last year and the subscription expired on 3/14/2014.

You can continue to use the previous version if you haven't already used the 2014 license, however you would need to contact our License Assistance Team (Activation and Registration -> Activating a Product -> Activation Codes and Request Codes -> I Still Need Help).

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance!

Message 43 of 52
khkuan56
in reply to: philip.s

Hello philip,

Thanks for your reply. When trying to contact the Assistance Team by following (Activation and Registration -> Activating a Product -> Activation Codes and Request Codes -> I Still Need Help), there are a few categories which I couldn't find my Product specifications and I do not have a request code. I couldn't proceed.

My Autodesk Product Name is AutoCAD LT 2013. 

Please advise if there are alternative ways to get help.

Thanks in advance.

Message 44 of 52
t_gaisf
in reply to: khkuan56

Hi,

Please send me a PM (click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message) with your Serial Number, the request code and confirm the registered company name or contact our licence assistance team for direct support (when contacting the licence assistance team you should be able to submit the webform - just fill in all the required fields and a service request/case will be opened).

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 45 of 52
IanAnderson
in reply to: philip.s

I am having the same issue aslo. We are getting the export request failed. Error reference: 1 please Help me!!! 🙂

Message 46 of 52
jessica.t
in reply to: IanAnderson

Hi @IanAnderson and welcome to the community!

Typically when you receive that error the license you are trying to transfer has been upgraded or returned and therefore non-exportable. I tried looking up your license information by your email address but found no associated serial numbers. To confirm your license, please contact our Activation and Registration team:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 47 of 52
ahloong888
in reply to: kim_mya

Hi,

I'm having export issue to. Any crew / agent that able to help please drop me a pm and i'll provide more detail. Thanks. 

Message 48 of 52
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: ahloong888

Hi @ahloong888

Welcome to the Community. As advised by my colleague, typically when you receive that error the license you are trying to transfer has been upgraded or returned and therefore non-exportable.

I also tried looking up your license information by your email address but found no associated serial numbers. To confirm your license, please contact our Activation and Registration team instead:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 49 of 52
ahloong888
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Hi jeffrey,

I had contacted online support and got the proper activation code. Will be
activating it later onsite. Anyway can you guide me on a proper license
transfer process?

My situation now is to transfer Auto Cad LT 2011 from Computer A to
Computer B. Now, Computer B is running on trial version.
Must I uninstall Auto Cad from Computer A first before activating on
Computer B (with the new code generated by your colleague)?
Please advise if any specific step I should do to ensure the old key is
deactivated / uninstalled?

Thank you.

Regards,
Loong
Message 50 of 52
jessica.t
in reply to: ahloong888

Hi @ahloong888,

Please follow these steps on how to transfer standalone licenses online. Also, each activation code is generated specific to the request code provided. If you are prompted for an activation code on the new machine you will be unable to use the code that the Representative created for you previously. If that step does come up again on the new machine, please contact the Activation and Registration team again for a new activation code.

I hope that makes sense! Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 51 of 52
tm13523
in reply to: hussainsamtan

Message 52 of 52
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: tm13523

Hi Tim,

I removed your attached file as it contains your Serial Number. Moving forward please do not post License details or any personal information on the Forums for your Security and Privacy.

Upon checking the Serial #, you encountered an error because the said License has been Upgraded to a 2015 Suite Product. In this case, you would need to install it to the new machine and activate it.

If you encounter any issues in activating the 2014 Serial #, reply back so you can be assisted or you can also contact our Registration and Activation team directly. 

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report