Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility - Export Request Failed

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
e.doll45
2457 Views, 5 Replies

License Transfer Utility - Export Request Failed

I have AutoCAD LT 2013 and I have a new computer which I need to transfer the license to.  I used the LTU on my old machine and it failed to export saying "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

...Error reference: 1

I have been trying to call the help line (1-866-681-4359) and it either hangs up on me after 30 minutes or so - or the office isn't open (how does one find office hours?)

I am at a complete loss and my projects at work are at a complete standstill. I need help and I need help soon! Please and Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: e.doll45

Welcome to the community and my apologies for the poor customer experience. One of the most common issues of the invalid serial number error is actually due to a license that has been upgraded to a newer version per a subscription contract that has since expired.

This would not prevent an existing activation form working properly, but any new activation and/or license transfer attempts with the old license would fail.

Just checked your account and that appears to be the case as the 2013 license was indeed upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2014. I'm going to send you a Private Message shortly with the relevant info and corresponding options.

Should anyone else encounter this same issue, please see the following article for how to locate your new license information.

How to find your serial number and product key in your Autodesk Account

If you wish to inquire about continuing use on the older license, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 3 of 6
ckennedy
in reply to: philip.s

Hi - same problem.  I have found my new license number, but now dont know how to use it LTU doesnt give me an opportunity to manually input it.  Help!?

Message 4 of 6
jessica.t
in reply to: ckennedy

Hi @ckennedy and welcome to  the Autodesk Community!

Did you see @philip.s's Accepted Solution right above? Please follow those steps for resolution. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 6
ckennedy
in reply to: jessica.t

Yes - I saw that, and followed the advice, found the new serial number, but there is no opportunity to enter this number or change any settings when using the LTU.

Message 6 of 6
lynn_zhang
in reply to: ckennedy

Hi @ckennedy ,

Just checked your account and noticed that your AutoCAD LT for Mac 2013 has been upgraded to 2014. In this case LTU does not work on upgraded license. It only works on the current registered license. So you can simply download AutoCAD LT for Mac 2014 on your new computer and use the new serial number to to install it. The download is available from our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report