Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility - Export Request Failed

51 REPLIES 51
Message 1 of 52
kim_mya
12355 Views, 51 Replies

License Transfer Utility - Export Request Failed

There is a 2011 LT license that is no longer used by one of the employee. We want to transfer it to a new employee. However, the LTU won't work, it says that the serial number is not valid, but it is valid, so I don't know how I can manage to install the software on the new computer?!?!

51 REPLIES 51
Message 2 of 52
philip.s
in reply to: kim_mya

HI Kim,

The License Transfer Utility can be problematic and is not required to move the license over to the other users machine. Please uninstall from the old, reinstall the software on the new, and then proceed with the standard online activation process. If for some reason you receive an error, please contact the Registration and Activation group at (800) 551-1490 (US and Canada) for a manual activation code.

Message 3 of 52
kim_mya

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer.

As fas as I know, uninstalling a program on a computer doesn't necessarily erase all registry keys, nor as it sends something online.

I had already try installing the software and using the license number from the employee on computer A on the other computer B, but it won't work, still saying it is an invalid registration #.

Could the problem be the on the new computer B where there could be some traces left by registry keys from another username being a previous employee on the same computer B (Win7 Pro 64bit) ? We don't know if the IT guy did a format of the PC..!

Or if the registry key thing is not supposed to be a problem, then I assume there might be a problem with the license number itself? But I wonder then, why the program works on the PC A, but won't on the PC B..

EDIT : after speaking with the IT guy, he tells me it's a brand new station, never having AutoCAD installed on it, then, I understand that the uninstallation clears something from an online DB to make the registration # available for installation on another computer?!

Message 4 of 52
philip.s

You're very welcome Kim,

You are correct in that uninstalling doesn't completely remove all of the registry keys, nor does it send any info to our systems stating that you've done so. I previously advised you to in order to make sure that you are compliant with the End User License Agreement / aren't running the same license on multiple machines concurrently.

Please PM me your serial number and a screen shot of the error that you are receiving so that I can troubleshoot further.

Message 5 of 52
LeiAnLeiAn

i have the same problem. can u help me?

Message 6 of 52
philip.s
in reply to: LeiAnLeiAn

Hi LeiAnLeiAn,

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name, and then "Send this user a Private Message") with your serial number and the exact error that you're receiving.

Message 7 of 52
philip.s

Hi LeiAnLeiAn,

The serial number that you provided has been upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2013 and the subscription contract expired which would explain the invalid serial number error.

As your email address isn't associated with the company I won't be able to provide you with the specific license information. 

To obtain the updated credentials, please fill out the following using a company specific email.

License Report Form - LINK

Message 8 of 52
LeiAnLeiAn
in reply to: philip.s

Ok, the license was issued by the company and I'm planning to surrender before formatting the pc where it was installed. Since its already upgraded and contract expired for the current version, I am no longer authorized for the updated credentials.

Thank you for the info and God Bless.

Message 9 of 52
philip.s

LeiAnLeiAn,

To clarify- As the 2012 was upgraded and contract has expired it is no longer valid. Your company still has full entitlement rights to the 2013, however I could not pass the information onto you as your gmail address isn't associated with the company nor does it match the companies email format, and thus the License Report Form.

Message 10 of 52
g9000z

Hi, I'm getting the same issue, when I want to activate the product on the new PC, it said that the Serial Number is invalid
can you help? 

Message 11 of 52
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: g9000z

Hi g9000z,

Please Private Message me (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name, and then "Send this user a Private Message") your serial number and Request Code.

I will manually generate the Activation Code for you.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 12 of 52
ckteo12
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi I believe I am having the same problem with the LTU. Can anyone help please? Appreciate it. 

Message 13 of 52
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: ckteo12

Hi ckteo12:

Have you encountered any specific error? You can send me your serial number and request code via private message  (click on my arlinpega.bibat profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) and I will you in manually activating your license. 

Alternatively, you can contact our Registration and Activation Team for assistance. Please make sure to provide the following information:

Serial Number:

Product Name:

Product Version:

Request Code:

For steps on to retrieve your request code, please click here.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 14 of 52
PaulHEMS

Hi, I am also having the same problem when trying to transfer my license from the old computer to the new one. it just keeps saying " Export license failed"
Would really appreciate any help asap.
Many thanks.

Message 15 of 52
jimmythehog

Hi,

Im having the same problem - I have PDS Ultimate 2012 installed and running on an old computer and am trying to install it on a new computer. Tried the LTU and get the "export request failed" - ser no not valid. The PDS is installed on the new computer with the same ser no. and product key which it accepted. Now trying to export/import the license.

Any help apreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Message 16 of 52
Tekniplaz
in reply to: jimmythehog

Also have this problem here,

New laptop arrived and I need to transfer license ASAP. Can anyone help?

Message 17 of 52
x422man

I'm also having this problem with inventor lt. exported my licence to my laptop for weekend work away,no problems, and now i have returned i cannot export the licence from the laptop to transfer it back to desktop.

Message 18 of 52
philip.s
in reply to: x422man

Hello everyone!

More often than not, LTU issues are caused by an invalid serial number / trying to import or export with a license that has already been upgraded, typically by subscription contract that has since expired.

Please either contact our License Assistance Team and ask them check the status of your serial number or send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the relevant info.

If your license is still valid, your best bet for a workaround would be to simply uninstall on the old machine and reinstall on the new one, again, contacting our License Assistance Team if activation assistance is needed.

Message 19 of 52
Tekniplaz

Thanks,

This seat was puchased late December 2012.

Also i have uninstalled it from the old laptop and re-installed it but alas it wont activate and is now running under trial.

I will PM you now and hopefully get this resolved.

Regards

Tony

Message 20 of 52
ckteo12
in reply to: Tekniplaz

Hi, I need to migrate our AutoCad software to a new PC from the exisiting laptop. May I request for assistance to use a manual activation code please? Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report