Installation & Licensing

kim_mya
Message 1 of 50 (5,613 Views)

License Transfer Utility - Export Request Failed

5613 Views, 49 Replies
11-21-2011 08:00 AM

There is a 2011 LT license that is no longer used by one of the employee. We want to transfer it to a new employee. However, the LTU won't work, it says that the serial number is not valid, but it is valid, so I don't know how I can manage to install the software on the new computer?!?!

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 50 (5,605 Views)

Re: License Transfer Utility - Export Request Failed

11-21-2011 08:18 AM in reply to: kim_mya

HI Kim,

The License Transfer Utility can be problematic and is not required to move the license over to the other users machine. Please uninstall from the old, reinstall the software on the new, and then proceed with the standard online activation process. If for some reason you receive an error, please contact the Registration and Activation group at (800) 551-1490 (US and Canada) for a manual activation code.

Philip Schmelzer
kim_mya
Message 3 of 50 (5,601 Views)

11-21-2011 08:33 AM in reply to: kim_mya

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer.

As fas as I know, uninstalling a program on a computer doesn't necessarily erase all registry keys, nor as it sends something online.

I had already try installing the software and using the license number from the employee on computer A on the other computer B, but it won't work, still saying it is an invalid registration #.

Could the problem be the on the new computer B where there could be some traces left by registry keys from another username being a previous employee on the same computer B (Win7 Pro 64bit) ? We don't know if the IT guy did a format of the PC..!

Or if the registry key thing is not supposed to be a problem, then I assume there might be a problem with the license number itself? But I wonder then, why the program works on the PC A, but won't on the PC B..

EDIT : after speaking with the IT guy, he tells me it's a brand new station, never having AutoCAD installed on it, then, I understand that the uninstallation clears something from an online DB to make the registration # available for installation on another computer?!

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 50 (5,595 Views)

11-21-2011 11:39 AM in reply to: kim_mya

You're very welcome Kim,

You are correct in that uninstalling doesn't completely remove all of the registry keys, nor does it send any info to our systems stating that you've done so. I previously advised you to in order to make sure that you are compliant with the End User License Agreement / aren't running the same license on multiple machines concurrently.

Please PM me your serial number and a screen shot of the error that you are receiving so that I can troubleshoot further.

Philip Schmelzer
LeiAnLeiAn
Message 5 of 50 (5,185 Views)

06-04-2012 12:35 AM in reply to: kim_mya

i have the same problem. can u help me?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 6 of 50 (5,174 Views)

06-04-2012 12:21 PM in reply to: LeiAnLeiAn

Hi LeiAnLeiAn,

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name, and then "Send this user a Private Message") with your serial number and the exact error that you're receiving.

Philip Schmelzer
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 7 of 50 (5,163 Views)

06-04-2012 04:56 PM in reply to: LeiAnLeiAn

Hi LeiAnLeiAn,

The serial number that you provided has been upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2013 and the subscription contract expired which would explain the invalid serial number error.

As your email address isn't associated with the company I won't be able to provide you with the specific license information. 

To obtain the updated credentials, please fill out the following using a company specific email.

License Report Form - LINK

Philip Schmelzer
LeiAnLeiAn
Message 8 of 50 (5,161 Views)

06-04-2012 05:14 PM in reply to: philip.s

Ok, the license was issued by the company and I'm planning to surrender before formatting the pc where it was installed. Since its already upgraded and contract expired for the current version, I am no longer authorized for the updated credentials.

Thank you for the info and God Bless.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 9 of 50 (5,150 Views)

06-05-2012 09:55 AM in reply to: LeiAnLeiAn

LeiAnLeiAn,

To clarify- As the 2012 was upgraded and contract has expired it is no longer valid. Your company still has full entitlement rights to the 2013, however I could not pass the information onto you as your gmail address isn't associated with the company nor does it match the companies email format, and thus the License Report Form.

Philip Schmelzer
g9000z
Message 10 of 50 (4,864 Views)

09-20-2012 12:38 AM in reply to: kim_mya

Hi, I'm getting the same issue, when I want to activate the product on the new PC, it said that the Serial Number is invalid
can you help? 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube