Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Server took wrong Nic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
roland.holzer
267 Views, 3 Replies

License Server took wrong Nic

Hi,
I installed inventor 2010 at our school an I have the following problem:
Our server has two nic because it works also as gateway.
The license file is for the internal nic whith ip 10.1.1.1
but the license server took the mac from the external nic (but with the ip 10.1.1.1).
Is there a way to tell the license server which nic to take?

In hope,
Roland
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: roland.holzer

It doesn't matter which MAC is taken when the machine has multiple NICs. This is only used to validate the LIC file for that server. It does not determine which NIC the connection is made thru. For example, my NLM is configured using the BlueTooth device in my laptop and I can guarantee you that LMTOOLS isn't broadcasting on that thing. Ha!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

Ok, it's my frist installation of this programm and i thought the lmtools values must match the license values.
So now it works and I am happy again 🙂
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: roland.holzer

Excellent! As long as your LIC file matches at least one installed NIC on the system, you should be fine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report