Installation & Licensing

raymondllw
Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)
Accepted Solution

License Scheme Question

226 Views, 4 Replies
01-23-2014 12:45 AM

Regarding to our entity planning to develop a new subsidiary company and would like to assess the feasibility on sharing the AutoCAD license. 

If possible, would like to know about :

1)    Without change the license owner, can we share with the subsidiary company? Any documents have to provide? Any region restriction?

2)    If necessary to transfer the license, any procedure have to do?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 5 (212 Views)

Re: License Scheme Question

01-23-2014 07:19 AM in reply to: raymondllw

My recommendation is to start with reading about the TOL.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18571898&linkID=9240617

Then you can contact your Reseller for additional help. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
raymondllw
Message 3 of 5 (193 Views)

01-23-2014 05:12 PM in reply to: TravisNave
Grateful for your advise. And tried to call my reseller but not sure on my situation. Since my working company would like to build up a subsidiary company and wanna assess the license can be share with the subsidiary company or not. And won't be change the owner of the mother company.
Customer Service
grace.liu
Message 4 of 5 (182 Views)

01-23-2014 07:55 PM in reply to: raymondllw

Hi raymondllw,

Welcome to the community! 

The definition of licensee in the Autodesk License and Service agreement, the licensee only to a single, specifically identified legal entity or individual, and does not include any subsidiary or affiliate of any such legal entity or individual or any other related person. So the licenses only be access and use by the licensee. If you want to access/use them in other legal entity, please follow up the Transferring Ownership of Autodesk Licenses procedure. 

Hope this information will help you.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

raymondllw
Message 5 of 5 (151 Views)

01-26-2014 06:06 PM in reply to: grace.liu
Thank you so much

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube