Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Manager - Error 1.5.-16

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
994 Views, 5 Replies

License Manager - Error 1.5.-16

We are running Inventor 7 Series with an 20 Clients Network License

FLEXlm is Installed and runs, but these log messages are strange:

12:16:22 (adskflex) Server started on PC-L for: 43500INVBUN_7_0F
12:18:14 (adskflex) Checkin failed feature "43500INVBUN_7_0F": ifwntuser PC-L PC-L
12:18:14 (adskflex) ""
12:39:14 (adskflex) Checkin failed feature "43500INVBUN_7_0F": ifwntuser PC-L PC-L
12:39:14 (adskflex) ""

But the License-File seems OK:

Vendor daemon status (on PC-L):
adskflex: UP v8.3
Feature usage info:
Users of 43500INVBUN_7_0F: (Total of 20 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

When starting Inventor the "License Finder" popup comes up after a while. I specify the server, it says OK and disappers. After some minutes, error "1.5.-16" appears. Inventor not even starts. FLEXlm Error -16 means "Cannot read data from license server", this could be everything.

I tried all kinds of settings and environment Variabels but Inventor not even starts on the machine which is running the License Manager. It's not an network Issue nor the server is Firewalled or protected by an Virus scanner, both TCP and UDP protocol are giving the same error code. Additional the Server is online without any proxy, there is just an outgoing firewall. i think, che Problem cannot be in the client side.

Whats the Problem?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

PS: I don't have access to the server all the time because it's an customers server.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried this variable yet on the client PC? Environment system variable: ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Value: @PC-L -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "0800reaper" wrote in message news:19865643.1080656356011.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We are running Inventor 7 Series with an 20 Clients Network License > > FLEXlm is Installed and runs, but these log messages are strange: > > 12:16:22 (adskflex) Server started on PC-L for: 43500INVBUN_7_0F > 12:18:14 (adskflex) Checkin failed feature "43500INVBUN_7_0F": ifwntuser PC-L PC-L > 12:18:14 (adskflex) "" > 12:39:14 (adskflex) Checkin failed feature "43500INVBUN_7_0F": ifwntuser PC-L PC-L > 12:39:14 (adskflex) "" > > But the License-File seems OK: > > Vendor daemon status (on PC-L): > adskflex: UP v8.3 > Feature usage info: > Users of 43500INVBUN_7_0F: (Total of 20 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use) > > > When starting Inventor the "License Finder" popup comes up after a while. I specify the server, it says OK and disappers. After some minutes, error "1.5.-16" appears. Inventor not even starts. FLEXlm Error -16 means "Cannot read data from license server", this could be everything. > > I tried all kinds of settings and environment Variabels but Inventor not even starts on the machine which is running the License Manager. It's not an network Issue nor the server is Firewalled or protected by an Virus scanner, both TCP and UDP protocol are giving the same error code. Additional the Server is online without any proxy, there is just an outgoing firewall. i think, che Problem cannot be in the client side. > > Whats the Problem? > > Thanks in advance > Thomas > > PS: I don't have access to the server all the time because it's an customers server.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

This is the only thing I did not tried yet. But the Client asks me at the start for the License-Servers Name. When entering the correct name, the Dialog says it has found the server and disappears.

After a minute or more of waiting, another dialog appears with Error "1.5-16", after then Inventor concerns about the missing License. The problem must be in the communication with the Server, maybe on the Server side.

I checked everything: Firewall, Port-Filters, Virus Scanners, File Permissions, TCP/UDP ... everything seems to be okay.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Thomas, last year I've a costumer's installation with the same issue. We solved it by checking the permissions on the license file and using the latest FLEX version from http://www.macrovision.com I'm not sure but I think the "trick" which made the error gone was giving manually "Full Access" on the license file to the user "System". Which OS are you using on the server? Regards Andi
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Just pressed the "send" button to quickly ;-) If the permissions are ok and the problem persists, just two more tips: - make sure you're using the NTFS filesystem - check the drive for errors with "CHKDSK C: /F /R /X" Regards Andi
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hmm,
Full Permission to SYSTEM user. I will check this, seems to be odd, because the Flex Tool can access the file.

We have Windows 2000, running on the server. FS is okay, i checked that. Actually we use the version of FLEX supplied with the Inventor CD.

Thanks a lot, I hope it helps.
Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report