Installation & Licensing

Valued Contributor
ajohnson
Message 1 of 7 (212 Views)
Accepted Solution

License Grant Order

212 Views, 6 Replies
11-10-2011 06:49 AM

We have 9 AutoCAD, 3 Revit and 2 BDS network licenses. Not all users use Revit, but when a machine requests an AutoCAD license, sometimes it gets the Revit or BDS license instead. Both the Revit and BDS licenses allow the user to run AutoCAD, but the problem is that when someone wants to run Revit, all the Revit and BDS licenses are taken by AutoCAD users. Is there a way to order the licenses in the license file so that AutoCAD licenses are granted first, then moving on to the Revit and BDS licenses if there are no more AutoCAD licenses available?
I'm not sure if it matters, but when we generate a FLM status report, it lists the BDS licenses first, then AutoCAD, and lastly the Revit licenses.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 7 (203 Views)

Re: License Grant Order

11-10-2011 07:03 AM in reply to: ajohnson

try putting autocad at the top of the license file

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 3 of 7 (201 Views)

11-10-2011 07:05 AM in reply to: ajohnson

In the license file, try putting your AutoCAD seats first before the other series.  Then make sure that you install AutoCAD from the AutoCAD media on those users that you want to use AutoCAD. 

You could set up an adskflex.opt options file to help reserve or disallow access to particular seats for users. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 4 of 7 (197 Views)

11-10-2011 07:06 AM in reply to: TravisNave

i know there is a known issue with the building suites not cascading correctly: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/autodesk-suites-building-design-suite-2012-doesnt...

but it looks your is the opposite

Valued Contributor
ajohnson
Message 5 of 7 (195 Views)

11-10-2011 07:22 AM in reply to: TravisNave

How do you do this?

You could set up an adskflex.opt options file to help reserve or disallow access to particular seats for users.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 6 of 7 (193 Views)

11-10-2011 07:24 AM in reply to: ajohnson
Valued Contributor
ajohnson
Message 7 of 7 (192 Views)

11-10-2011 07:25 AM in reply to: DarrenP

I did move the AutoCAD licenses up.  I'll keep you posted as to whether that works.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube