Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Cascading in 2013

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
warrenandy
393 Views, 4 Replies

License Cascading in 2013

I finally had to break down and install the 2013 License file to update my seats. Then we got the full version of JTB going. After running the two for a little over a week I notice I am seeing allot of Denials now. I think it is trying to pull the Standard license first and when those are full it is moving up to Prem until those are full then Ult. Before we upgraded the license file I didn't see this but it was a mess (Travis can attest to that).

I just want to make sure this is normal and I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary? I have not had any users complain so I am assuming they are still getting in... Should I be worried or is this really what it should have been all along?

MultiFeature GroupsInOne.png

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

Looks good to me. I would suspect the denials you see are when the product cannot find a license and then cascades to the next available suite.  So long as your users are not showing denied, you're probably good to go.  Jimmy writes some excellent software, so maybe he can weigh in with the details of his program.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
JTBWorld

What you see are "soft" denials. If you have distributed servers these "soft" denials are not showed when the feature name is matching. But for your type of licenses this is not yet supported in JTB FlexReport. Feel free to email me the FlexNet debug log and I can review it and see what can be done to eventually just show "hard" denials.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 4 of 5
warrenandy
in reply to: JTBWorld

I am good with seeing the soft denials. We have Product Design and Factory Design Suites in Standard, Premium and Ultimate then we have ACAD Electrical. With 2013 PDS INV is in the basic and ACADE is in the P&U. means I have users all over the place.

So basicly any user can use any of the three licenses. Then they can jump from one to the toher to use them. I am fine with all of these showing this. I just wanted to verify that is what I am seeing and make sure it was not somehting wrong with my license file, but if this is "As inteneded" we are good!

Thanks!

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 5 of 5
JTBWorld

Thanks. I will investigate further what can be done to potentially filter out the soft denials that are a result of the license cascading.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report