Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Borrowing Remotely

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
520 Views, 3 Replies

License Borrowing Remotely

I have a user that didn't borrow a license prior to leaving the office. Now he is in the field for the next 30 days and needs to run Autocad. He is VPN in to the office, able to ping the Flexlm server, but unable use the IP address or the Flexlm server name in order to open Autocad.

Is there a way he can get Autocad opened while out of the office ??

Thanks, KM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

It's probably due to the amount of network delay over the VPN. If he can ping the NLM server thru the VPN, then he should be able to pull a license. All you need to do is increase the timeout variable to allow for a longer wait.

You need to create a System Environment variable for this.

Open your Windows System Properties and go to the Advanced tab. Click Environment Variables. On the bottom section for System variables, click New. Give the following information:

FLEXLM_TIMEOUT

That would be one million (6 zeroes)

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

If increasing the timeout variable doesn't work let me know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply.

That seems to have worked.

KM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report