Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Borrowing Error

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
anatrnyc
2955 Views, 11 Replies

License Borrowing Error

Hi,

I can successfully connect to the license server and run AutoCAD 2012 on my notebook.  However, when I tried to borrow a license, I get the follow error message:

License Borrowing Error

You cannot borrow a license at this time.

The borrowing period establised for the license server is not valid.

Contact you system administrator to have the borrowing period reset to a value of at least one day (24 hours).

The thing is that i did not set anything in the LMTools nor do i have any adskflex.opt file restriction.  See image below.

FYI, the date on the server and my notebook is the same.

Please help.

Regards,

Rachel

LMtools-borrowing.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: anatrnyc

The borrowing tab is not really used for Autodesk borrowing.  How are you attempting to borrow your license on your AutoCAD? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

you borrow the license through autocad not through lm tools

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
anatrnyc

Hi Travis / Darren

I did not borrow from LMTools.  I've borrowed from within AutoCAD 2012.  Tried from the Tools -> License Borrowing,  and also tried from the top right corner ? -> About - > Product Information -> Borrow License.

Both gave me this error as shown below:

License Borrow Error1.JPG

Message 5 of 12
DarrenP

how long are you trying to borrow for?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
anatrnyc
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

I can't even get to the step that prompt me to specify the date/duration for me to borrow.  The moment i click on borrow license, i get this error message already.  But I kinda suspect the server hosting this license has some issue.  I'm considering reformatting it if i don't have a solution for this.

Regards,

Rachel

Message 7 of 12
DarrenP

did someone set up an options file that you don't know about?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

The debug log file should show that if you want to attach it here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 12
anatrnyc

Hi Darren / Travis,

I've created an option file to try and see if the license borrowing works or not.  It did not work as well.  After which, i rename the option file to stop it from using it just to see what happens.  The license borrowing still does not work.  Attached is the option file i've created for testing (rename to adskflex.txt in order to load it here) and the log file.

Regards,

Rachel

Message 10 of 12
TravisNave

Darren,

Check this out in the log when the options file was applied:

Feature 85730ACD_2012_0F does not support borrowing, MAX_BORROW_HOURS ignored

AutoCAD doesn't support borrowing?!?

Rachel,

In your license file, does the INCREMENT for 85730ACD_2012_0F include a section in it that lists borrowing as BORROW=4320?

Very odd behavior for an Autodesk license.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 12
DarrenP

yea thats wierd

i don't know whats causing that

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
anatrnyc

Hi Travis,

After I've posted the log file to you, I went to check the license file.  It really does not have Borrow=4320! Then, out of curiousity, I tried to add in the borrow statement in the license file.  To my expectation, it didn't work. So I am asking my colleague to re-request a license file that gives me borrow feature.  But I am really suprise that it did not include it in the first place.

Regards,

Rachel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report