Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Acquisition Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nickseman
199 Views, 2 Replies

License Acquisition Problem

Like several others in this forum I am experiencing certain workstations not being able to acquire a license from our NLM. On one particular machine however it got even more interesting. I was not able to get a license for any flavor Revit 2009. I could however get a license for Revit 2008. Once I had a license for Revit 2008, if I closed the program and again tried to run Revit 2009, it would get a license. So I borrowed a license for Reivt Arch, MEP, and Structural since the user was a constant user and we have a reasonable number of licenses.

This worked fine for the last three days but today, even with licenses borrowed, none of the three applications will run - again attempting to run in Demo mode. Obviously confused, I am wondering just what is the borrowed license keyed into? The user name, MAC address, IP address ???? This is a desktop computer with only one NIC. It does appear the IP address changed since yesterday. What should I look at?

Thanks;
Nick
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nickseman
in reply to: nickseman

This same issue has begun occuring on another machine. The machine can get a license for Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and 3ds MAX with no problems. However it immediately goes into DEMO mode with Revit 2010 (all versions). Licenses are available. Checking the log file does not show the pc even attempting to get a license for Revit.

Any ideas?

Thanks;
Nick
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: nickseman

Hi Nick,

When you borrow a license it is affect to the username and the pc name.
If you use another logon name, you will not use your application.

Franck Hervet.
www.aricad.fr

"nickseman" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
6252211@discussion.autodesk.com...
> This same issue has begun occuring on another machine. The machine can
> get a license for Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and 3ds MAX with no problems.
> However it immediately goes into DEMO mode with Revit 2010 (all versions).
> Licenses are available. Checking the log file does not show the pc even
> attempting to get a license for Revit.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks;
> Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report