Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
mark
382 Views, 9 Replies

Licencing

Good day,

I need to move a CFD licence from one MAC id to another. How do I do that?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: mark

Hi,

Your best bet is to log a request here:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18221949&linkID=9240617

I am also going to move this post to the Licencing forum.

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 10
mark

Thanks. That handy licence transfer utility doesnt seem to exist for Simulation CFD 2012. I also have a number of problems finding the info required for logging a request for the transfer (such as "Request Code": it seems to have been written for other products, not the rebranded CFDesign). And one last thing! I am feeling a little stupid: I did look for the licencing forum. But I cant find it....can you post a link please?

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
dembkod

mark,

Hello. If you are using CFD you are most likely on a network license, so you would not “transfer” the license, you would simply get a new license file recreated. www.autodesk.com/register

You can build a new lic file there.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/general-licensing-requesting-a-network-license-on...

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 10
mark
in reply to: dembkod

Thanks David.

Its a single machine licence, not a nertwork licence. So I need to transfer the licence to a new mac address. I cant find a lot of the info which they want in the once off registration process. It doesnt seem to be oriented to this product at all. I dont have a serial number, an activation request number, and I dont want to re-register. I just want to transfer to a new MAC address.

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

CFD is only offered as a network license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
mark
in reply to: DarrenP

Well then I guess I must be using a network licence! But I dont need to be on a network to use it, and its only installed on one machine, the same one which runs the software. No other machine is involved. It uses the mac address of the local machine for the licence.

Message 8 of 10
mark
in reply to: dembkod

Hello David,

I am still hoping you can help me. Do you have any advice please? Those links unfortunately dont help me.

Message 9 of 10
asburyj

Hi Mark,

The license file used by the network license server software is based on the MAC address of the system hosting it so that's probably what you are thinking of. It sounds like you are running the license server on the same system that is running CFD which is fine, however, if you are switching systems you will need to acquire a new network license file configured for the MAC address of the new system. You will also need to setup the license server software on the new system. Refer to the links David posted earlier on how to get  your license file and configure the license server. If you hit any roablocks please let us know. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 10 of 10
mark

Problem solved: once Jon Wilde had had given me my serial numbers (they were in my old licence file, I should have looked there first), I had no more problems. Thanks Jon!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report