Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence error using Jungle Disk

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pgbamber
579 Views, 5 Replies

Licence error using Jungle Disk

I am receiving Licensing errors when opening files on a Jungle Disk network - how do I resolve?  I am using LT2014 on a subsciption license.  It has only starting happening since I started using Jungle Disk although this may just be a coincidence.  Any ideas - its putting up a licensing error preventing me from saving! I havent changed machine or anything that should affect licensing

Regards

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: pgbamber

I just googled Jungle Disk and it appears to be a Backup Software.  If you are using a standalone product, you need to make sure that once you activate your product, to NOT revert back to an older .data file.  They are the activation files that Autodesk products are looking at.

The .data file on Windows 7 is noted here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

We also get a similar issue with Mac OS and Time Machine in which we need to add an exception to not revert back to an older .data file.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
pgbamber
in reply to: david.lau

David,

Thank you for this although I have always had full licences since the first ever AutoCAD LT.  Your link infers that I might have had an educational version.  Whilst I am reluctant to reinstall my LT please note I am still using my LT on the host machine and it appears to happen when I am opening files stored on the Jungle Disk Network (I should probably not use it this way but that’s how its advertised – as a storage point so I am using it like a server) Its nothing to do with the creation of the DWL files which LT then struggles to find on an internet storage site when it tries to autosave?

Regards

Peter

Message 4 of 6
david.lau

The location of the .data file that is the most important part of the post.  If  Jungle reverts back to an older version, it may break licensing.  You must not 'backup' or bring that file back from the 'past' to the present.

David Lau
Message 5 of 6
pgbamber
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks David,

That was a quick reply! I get what your saying - I will be opening older files that will have been created with older versions of LT

Have a great day!

Peter

Message 6 of 6
david.lau

To be clear, once all the products are 'activated'.  Don't touch the .data file.  If you delete it or revert to an older version via your backup,  you may need to activate your software again.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report