Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Boblit
4580 Views, 6 Replies

Licence 110 Error

Hi everybody, so I have a problem with my 3ds max that I can't seem to figure out. 

I used to have 3DS Max 2010 insalled on my pc, but due to a recnet HDD failure I lost everything. So i got a new hard drive and installed it to there, tried to download my licence online with the transfer utility, and it won't work, or even conenct for that matter. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's driving me insane, and trying to navigate this website is making me more frustrated...

"A License error has occurred. Contact your technical support representative for assistance.

To help detemine the nature of the problem the error code is: 110"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: Boblit

Hi Bob,

The License Transfer Utility can be very problematic. Have you tried re-activating your software through the software / via the standard online process?

Message 3 of 7
Boblit
in reply to: philip.s

Do you think you can go into detail with that? I have tried to register it online.

Message 4 of 7
philip.s

Sure thing Bob,

There is no need to utilize the License Transfer Utility system. After you have re-installed the software on your machine, upon starting it up you should receive either the option to Activate, or Run the Product (and continue using as a trial). If you select Activate, you will be prompted to to complete the online activation process. Please find the following like for your reference.

3ds Max Post Install Setup - LINK

Does this help?

Message 5 of 7
AnkushVed

Sometimes this error also comes because of missing licensing files. You may want to uninstall and install again.

Also, make sure that you have write permission on the ProgramData\Autodesk folder.

Hope this helps.

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 6 of 7
nachanok_rim

I know how to fix it

first,you have to open notepad and type this thing

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

then save it name Take Ownership.reg 

then click on it and click Yes

Now you can Unlock folder that have key pic on it

go to C:\ProgramData 

and right click on Autodesk select Take Ownership

then refesh.Now you can see the key pic disappear

do this the same with FLEXNet Folder (same location)

Install Program again 

Good luck 🙂

Message 7 of 7
moon1215

I have a building design suite ultimate 2014 for PC. I heard I can use same key for Mac version, but I am getting this message. Is PC serial working for Mac version?

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report