Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Desktop 2007 to Civil 3D 2010

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NORTHSHOREENGINEERING
501 Views, 3 Replies

Land Desktop 2007 to Civil 3D 2010

Subscription member currently running Land Desktop 2007 and Civil Design. Have all the "upgrage" disks for Civil 3D 2006 thru and up to 2010, but never was prepared to install and learnl.

We now have new computers and would like to install the Civil 3D 2010 program on these ne computers. Is there a separate authorization code to "unlock" the full version install on these machines without having to load all the previous versions of Civil 3D on our computers. In otherwords, wanna go from Land Desktop 2007 to Civil 3D 2010 in one install process. Please advise how we could go about doing this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

We got a new license code when the 2010 version came out that was different from our previous.  You may have, too.

The info should be available in Subscription Center, although it might only be visible to your CAD manager, depending on how (or if) you have your Subscription Center setup.  If you can't find or get to the license number and product code (starting with 2010, you need both), your reseller should be able to help you out.

Just note that C3D is NOT an upgrade to Land Desktop, so you may also want to install Land Desktop 2009 while you are transitioning to C3D.  Land Desktop projects need to be converted to C3D, which can be easy in some cases, or quite a challenge in others.  So for some projects, you may want to just finish them out in Land Desktop, rather than get into converting them to C3D.

There's also quite the learning curve to C3D, so be prepared to see a drop in productivity for your first few months.  Eventually, you'll be working MUCH faster in C3D than you ever did in LDD, but it takes a while.

Sinc
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the prompt reply Sinc.

So from what you are saying, the discs I received from Autodesk are NOT upgrade discs? They have yellow product key and S/N on them. I will be putting C3D 2010 on a fresh computer and therefore there will be no other Autodesk products on it to detect. Still gonna install for me?

The label that came on the shipping box said C3D 2009 Upgd to C3D 2010. Is that just put on there for us to recognize that these should be installed next after C3D 2009, yet these are still full clean install versions of C3D 2010 as you mentioned. Please clarify if you would. I would like to keep finishing projects on LD2007, but must transition some perpetual mapping projects to C3D 2010-11. I will have 2 workstations running at my desk while I get "schooled" in C3D.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4

You should be able to install C3D 2010 on your new computer.  There is nothing in the installer that forces you to have C3D 2009 on the machine first.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report