Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT Freezes when using xref

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
622 Views, 9 Replies

LT Freezes when using xref

Autocad 2011 LT freezes when I try to reference any file.  This happens when referencing both .dwg and .pdf files (I don't even get as far as selecting a file to reference).  This happens for all of my CAD files - old ones, new ones...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.  I have also tried updating the install.  Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

This is an old software, so what changed on your end to break it?
Windows OS?
Video card?
System details?
Is LT2011 fully patched and updated?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I had my computer reimaged.  Do you think that caused the issue?

I'm using Windows 7 on a Lenovo X230 laptop.  32 bit OS.  Everything worked fine before the reimage.

I think that LT2011 is fully patched and updated, but I'm not sure how to know.  Are you able to help me figure out if that is true?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Yes, you're probably mssing some video card driver updates and other system updates: a reimage puts the PC back to factory settings usually.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Okay - thanks.  I'll check it out and see.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

No - this didn't fix the problem.  I had IT check to update my computer, but everything was up to date.  I tried again on CAD, but it still freezes up when I try to use the XREF function.

Message 7 of 10
pendean

As a test, if you unplug from the netowrk, does the problem go away?
As a stest, do other AutoCAD 2011 users in your office have the same problem in your files?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

No - I get the same problem when I'm disconnected from the company network.  Also the same when I disconnect from the internet.

Unfortunately, I'm the only person in my department using AutoCAD at all.  I can't do the second test.

I did try with several different files, and I have the same problem on all of them, including a new drawing.

Message 9 of 10
pendean

Another test: may require your IT folks. Log in as another person on your computer, start AutoCAD and try it. Still hangs with XREF command?
Note that LT will be with default settings so it will look like you've never set it up.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Unfortunately, my IT department is unable to help me with the logging in as a different user request.  I am trying other avenues, but so far, I am having no success.

I did realize that I am able to use my files normally on a different computer, which is how I've been able to complete my work recently.  So I guess you could view my other computer as another user who is able to use the xref command without problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report