Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTools not seeing autocad?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
cbailey1149
1164 Views, 15 Replies

LMTools not seeing autocad?

I currently have another application using LMTOOLS. I just installed autocad 2009 license manager but can't configure for autocad because it doesn't show up in LMTOOLS.

I followed the instructions in the document titled "Combining Autodesk with other vendor's products already using FLEXlm" but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
TravisNave
in reply to: cbailey1149

First of all, if you are going to combine license files with other vendor's products, you need to determine if the license files are compatible. The headers of each LIC needs to be identical. They should both begin the same. For example, an Autodesk LIC has the host name and ethernet MAC address like this:

SERVER hostname 00123456789a
USE_SERVER

Then you need to add the additional Autodesk Vendor string under the existing vendor string from the other party.

USE_SERVER
VENDOR product port=12345
VENDOR adskflex port=2080

Finally, you need to append the INCREMENT portion of your Autodesk licence beneath your other vendor's feature.

USE_SERVER
VENDOR product port=12345
VENDOR adskflex port=2080

INCREMENT vendor product gsi 3.0 1-jan-0 0 1234565F0B29D5F2DD24 \
VENDOR_STRING="VENDOR:other HOSTID:00123456789a" HOSTID=ANY \
NOTICE="Example of other vendor license SN=A12345"

INCREMENT 57600ACD_2009_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 1 \
VENDOR_STRING=nfr:permanent BORROW=4320 SUPERSEDE DUP_GROUP=UH \
ISSUED=01-JAN-2008 SN=390-12345678 SIGN="0D9E 0D9E 0D9E 0D9E \
09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 \
09E1 09E1" SIGN2="09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 \
09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1 09E1"

Save it as a *.lic file and make sure that your Service is pointing to this license.

Then make sure that your NLM is up to version 11.4.1, as this is the latest version and is required for Autodesk 2009 products.

Start the license server and do a Status Enquiry. You should see all of your licenses.

*Note: This only works if your license files are compatible. Above information is for information purposes only and does not contain any valid data. Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 16
cbailey1149

I had version 9 on a Windows 2k server that shared both licenses even though they both had different file extensions. They both showed up in the flexLM utiltiy, so I could manage both.

I am trying to implement everything on a new 2003 server and remove the 2000 server all together. All license files point to the correct server.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks
Message 4 of 16
TravisNave

Since you are moving your license manager to a 2003 Server, did you get your license files regenerated for that server? Autodesk will need to recreate your 2009 license with your new server information. You cannot simply edit your old license file.

Assuming the above information is correct, have you tried simply configuring your LMTOOLS just for your new 2009 license to ensure that it is working? Once you verify this, then you can add your other vendor license service.

Keep me posted...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 16
cbailey1149

I did register two codes for this server (1 three user, 1 single). I had two lic files e-mailed to me and two lic files created after I activated the product. I placed them all in the license directory. When I launch LMTOOLS all I see is the other application not Autocad. Since I can't see autocad as an option I can't configure it.
Message 6 of 16
TravisNave

Ah. Yeah, I understand what you mean.

Since your licenses aren't combined, try this...

- Open LMTOOLS (11.4.1) and go to the Config Services tab.
- In the Service Name box (where the other product is) type in Flexlm Service 1
- Point the remaining 3 boxes to the appropriate file locations (lmgrd.exe, autodesk.lic file, and debug.log)
- Save the service

Your Service Name pulldown box should now contain both your existing product and your Autodesk service. Both are independently configured.

Go to the Service/License File tab and choose your Flexlm Service 1 in the box. Then go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and start the server. Finally, go to the Server Status tab. Your status enquiry should now show your Autodesk licenses.

Good luck!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 16
cbailey1149

Thank you
Thank you
I didn't think of typing in an entry for a service name.

I tried to duplicate this step to incorporate my single license but it seem to ignor it. All I'm getting is my 3 users. Is there a way to merge the LIC files together?

Thanks again
Message 8 of 16
TravisNave

Yes, if you are talking about two separate Autodesk files, then absolutely. Follow my example above. Just copy the INCREMENT portion of one into the other and save.

You only need one header with the server name, MAC, port, vendor string, etc. And you only need one PLIST.

Let me know if you need any help.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 16
cbailey1149

I didn't' know I could edit the license file, so I did. I cut and pasted the additional information into the one file. Now it shows four licenses.

I have a problem with the service stopping after a short period of time. I have to restart it after a few minutes. No error are reported anywhere.

Should I continue this post or start a new one?

Thanks for your help.
Message 10 of 16
TravisNave

Hmmm, that is interesting. You might add the (4) NLM .exe files to the DEP exception list in your Windows Server. Make sure both checkboxes are checked in your Config Services tab. Have you checked your event logs to see if there is any reason that the service has stopped?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 16
cbailey1149

I figured it was the fact I am currently running the old license server at the same time as the new one. This way it gives me some time to upgrade users version to a more up to date application.
Message 12 of 16
TravisNave

Nah, that wouldn't cause your new one to randomly stop. Although running more than one license manager does have its own annoyances... this would not be one of them.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 16
cbailey1149

My server logs are not showing any problems. To me it just looks like the service just stops for the fun of it.
Message 14 of 16
TravisNave

Well... it could be. Have you added the files to the DEP?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 16
cbailey1149

Both checkboxes were unchecked as mentioned in your last instructions (they are checked now). I don't understand DEP?

I'll let you know if I need to know it

Thanks for all your help.
Message 16 of 16
TravisNave

Having both checked could have solved your problem.

BTW, the DEP is System Properties under the Advanced tab. Choose the Settings button under the Performance section. Data Execution Prevention (DEP) tab is located there. Add the (4) NLM .exe files there. Highly recommended on a Server 2003 box.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report