Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTools Services won't run automatically.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
syed.dzulkarnain
6296 Views, 6 Replies

LMTools Services won't run automatically.

Hi all, i need help. I have a BDS Premium 2014 & BDS Ultimate 2014 network license running. Server is running on Windows Server 2008.

My Problem : The server is automatically restart at midnight for data backup procedure, but after restart, the LMTools Services won't run automatically. I have to Re-read license file every morning in order to get my applications to work.

My Effort : i already checked the 'Start Server at Power up' & 'use Services' at Config service tab but still did not work.

Kindly need your assistance on this.

many thanks.

SyedDzulkarnain

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Please check out step 3 here:  

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

I would stop the server, delete the service and re-create it. I made some notes to do it via step 3.

David Lau
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for your reply.My method of doing is the same as the link you provided. Wll try to create a new services for this.many thanks.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7

the issue is solved.what i did is i set the LMTOOLS as a startup services.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7

I am glad you figured it out.  You can indeed set the service to startup via services.msc.

David Lau
Message 6 of 7

thats what i did. it works for now.
Message 7 of 7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report