Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTools Misbehaving

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
warrenandy
522 Views, 8 Replies

LMTools Misbehaving

I have submitted this to support and Jimmy is taking a look at it for me as well (nether seen anything glaring, are still looking). But being impatient I wanted to see if anyone has ever seen this before?

I have my options file set so borrowed licenses time out after 50-days. And it worked fine for a little over a month. Yesterday due to some other issues of the server repeatedly not working, adsk support suggested we upgrade LMTools to the latest version. Before I did I asked all of my users to check out a license if they needed to work past 5 so I could take the server down. I notice when I checked the log a couple users had a license checked out of 6 months. I did the upgrade and check again and sure enough I can borrow a license for 6 months.... Why did LMTool lose the opt settings? When you look at the log it appears it is loading the opt file with the “borrow to limit” set to 1200 hours (50 days).

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

I'd need to see the text of the options file along with the debug.log file to see what is going on.  Clearly LMTOOLS has not been kind to you lately, sir.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
warrenandy
in reply to: TravisNave

No it has not... lol

Forget PM it will not let me attach, take a look at these.

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Well the adskflex.opt file looks good.  And it should since it is from my template.  ha! 

That being said, the log file does indeed show that the max borrow hours is set and working.  However, because the products are set on the 2013 feature codes for the Subscription files, you might also consider setting it for the PACKAGE code itself as well.  Try that and reread the license file to put it into effect and see if it makes a difference.

For example, use 85814PDSP_F in addition to the 2013 option FEATURE code.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
warrenandy

Been working wiht support said the same kind of thing... At this point I have thrown the kitchen sink at it. Not sure if I had figured this out last time, it will work correctly in 2013, but in 2012 it still lets users borrow for 6 months...

Here is what I have:

# Limits maximum duration in 24-hour increments for borrowing licenses.
# MAX_BORROW_HOURS 65500ACAD_E_F 72
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85805FDSS_F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85677FDSPRM_F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85677FDSADV_F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85813PDSS_F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85814PDSP_F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85815PDSU_F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 65500ACAD_E_F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85789FDSPRM_2012_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85795PDSP_2012_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85762INVPRORS_2012_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85790FDSADV_2012_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85796PDSU_2012_0F  1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85966FDSS_2013_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85965FDSPRM_2013_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85967FDSADV_2013_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85964PDSS_2013_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85962PDSP_2013_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85963PDSU_2013_0F 1200
MAX_BORROW_HOURS 85890ACAD_E_2013_0F 1200

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Which product exactly on 2012 can you borrow for more than the MAX hours?  I'd like to see it borrowed for 6 months, along with the copied status enquiry showing the (LINGER) and a new debug.log showing the options file working down to the 2012 level. 

Thanks!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
warrenandy

This time I really threw everything at it with the help of a support adesker. We added every product individually by year and by suite as well. I am thinking maybe something happened on the server that was keeping it from replicating down to the machines or something.

Thank everyone for the help! 

PS the little font on a 15" 1920 x 1080 it very difficult to proof read...

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

So are you all set now?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
warrenandy

Hoping with a little WD-40 and Duct Tape I can make it to 5:00... But yes thank you for the help...

Andrew Warren
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report