Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LICENSE USAGE QUESTION

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
308 Views, 10 Replies

LICENSE USAGE QUESTION

The company I work for is get the networked version of autoCAD. Its the one were they have a number of licenses on the network that we can use, and if a person tries to get on to autoCAD and there are no more licenses he does not get into autoCAD.

My question is, is there a way ware I can find out who, when, and how long a person has been using a license?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
patrick_aps
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're on AutoCAD 2004 or 2005, then there is a tool delivered called SAMreport that can make reports to do so, but i have not used it yet...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

You might want to take a look at JTB FlexReport. The version I'll release within days will also show when a user took the license from the server in the HTML report. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "BLING" wrote in message news:4816954.1082501532133.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The company I work for is get the networked version of autoCAD. Its the one were they have a number of licenses on the network that we can use, and if a person tries to get on to autoCAD and there are no more licenses he does not get into autoCAD. > > My question is, is there a way ware I can find out who, when, and how long a person has been using a license?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, The SAM Report tool is provided by Autodesk on the same CD as Autodesk products so, you can install it and monitor all your licenses. Hope it helps. Efim "BLING" wrote in message news:4816954.1082501532133.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The company I work for is get the networked version of autoCAD. Its the one were they have a number of licenses on the network that we can use, and if a person tries to get on to autoCAD and there are no more licenses he does not get into autoCAD. > > My question is, is there a way ware I can find out who, when, and how long a person has been using a license?
Message 5 of 11
jlaidler

When I select the report log in SAMreport, I get 'report.log is not a report log' error. What am I doing wrong? 'report.log' is the report generated by FLEXlm.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Can you please send me directly your report.log file and I'll take a look on it. Efim efim.tetelman@autodesk.com "jclaidler" wrote in message news:15393408.1082574672892.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When I select the report log in SAMreport, I get 'report.log is not a report log' error. What am I doing wrong? 'report.log' is the report generated by FLEXlm.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

THANKS
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Ok one more question. Is there also a way where I can limit usage to a license? Say some one hops on one of the licenses...is there a way i can limit the time they get to work on autoCAD, or after so many hours have autoCAD save and close out.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

By using options file you can do some limitations to clients. Regards, Efim "BLING" wrote in message news:19448714.1082580267682.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Ok one more question. Is there also a way where I can limit usage to a license? Say some one hops on one of the licenses...is there a way i can limit the time they get to work on autoCAD, or after so many hours have autoCAD save and close out.
Message 10 of 11
jlaidler

I emailed the report direct to you.

Thanks.
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

If you are using 2004 or 2005 versions of AutoCAD and the Flex License Manager then you can use TIMEOUT. This feature of flex gets defined in the adeskflex.opt file and allows you to reclaim licenses of AutoCAD that are "idle" so they will be available for others. Check for Autodesk Technote TS67304 for all the details, but basically if the AutoCAD goes "idle" the license frees up on the server. when the user returns and starts to work again the product attempts to reclaim a license. If one is available they continue their session. If one is not available then they are prompted to save and then the product shuts down.

hope that helps you out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report