Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDD 2005 install over Acad 2005

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
179 Views, 3 Replies

LDD 2005 install over Acad 2005

We are running into a problem with deployment of LDD. We have base Acad 2005 licensing off the network. Installing LDD via an msi in one office works fine. Using the same deployment in another office results in LDD being installed as standalone. We already checked licpath.lic and ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE to point to the same license server. Any ideas of where to look next? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Running the deployment as an MSI will install as stand-alone. Run the shortcut file that is created in the root of your deployment to correctly install the product.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

i think there is a registry fix/tweak you can do to
tell LDD that it's a network copy and not standalone.

not sure what thread this tweak was mentioned in, but i'm sure it's searchable.

i have used similar fix to convert a standalone install of cad to network. as sometimes its quicker to do an install off a cd , rather than pull the network deploy off a network server.

should be as simple as editing the registry and, copying the licpath.lic to the correct folder.
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

That is correct. I have posted this solution in this forum at least 2.7 million times.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4935210

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report