Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just found out about License Transfer Utility

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
336 Views, 3 Replies

Just found out about License Transfer Utility

I had been experiencing issues with my personal desktop pc which I had the 2013 Ultimate Design Suite installed. These issues were completely unrelated to the Autodesk programs. Without any knowledge of the LTU I ended up needing to completely reinstall Windows 7 and lost my Autodesk applications. I thought that because it was the same hdd I would be able to reinstall and activate with no issues. At the moment I don't recall if the applications installed without any problems or if I actually ended up reinstalling the applications at all.

Long story short, the Windows reinstallation didn't fix my unrelated issues and I had to get a new hdd. I tried to reinstall my Autodesk 2013 Ultimate Design Suite and got through it all up until activation where I was informed that I needed to use the LTU on my old machine to export my license info. The only problem is, the old hdd is dead and I can't retrieve my license information. Am I stuck?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Nirah.Aziz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello William and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having these issues. Please drop me a private message (Click on my Nirah.Aziz profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) with the Serial Number and Company name (if registered to an organization) for me to assist you with the product registration and activation.

Alternatively, you may also contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

I await your response. 

Munirah Aziz

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Nirah.Aziz

I was very pleased to get such a prompt response to my original post and the next private message exchange occurred quite rapidly  as well, but, since I was asked to send my request code via private message to provide the required information in the process of recovering my license, I have waited 2 days for a reply. Is this normal procedure? Does anyone know the approximate time an assisted licensing recovery usually takes? After such apparently quick notice and reply I was expecting the follow through to occur in the same manner. According to the sent messages box, all messages after the initial message have not been read. Sorry if it seems I am being impatient, I am new to this community and suspect maybe I do not understand all the extensive procedures involved.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello William,

Welcome to the community!

Have you considered using the virtual assistant available through the activation window that appears when you first attempt to open one of your installed Autodesk applications? It's very easy! Just follow the step-by-step instructions and you'll be up and running in no time.

There's minimal aggravation and the help is instantaneous! No need to wait for a live "Customer Support Representative" to take their sweet time assisting you. Did I mention it's easy? The entire process takes less than 2 minutes. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report