Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Installed Inventor 2013...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gdragos
428 Views, 3 Replies

Just Installed Inventor 2013...

I just got through installing Inventor 2013 (Premium) which my company received on a flash drive ordered through this website. The installation went smoothly (compared to the trouble I had installing Inventor 2011). Upon launching the product initially, the activation screen came up and when I keyed in the serial number that I had used previously (for the 2011 version), it gave me the "invalid serial number" error. This was strange because when first began the installation process, the software required a serial number to begin the install process and the same number was accepted at that point. I assumed that this was a good number, but maybe not?

First question:

Which serial number should be used (as the product box had none, just a "-" where the number should have appeared) to activate the product?

Secondly, because I wasn't able to activate the product, I tried the trial version. I tried opening both a STP file and a translating a UG file and Inventor 2013 crashed on me both times.

Does anybody have any idea why it would keep crashing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: gdragos

Your serial numebr should be listed in your Subscription Center.  As for crashing, it is almost always due to video card compatibility.  Make sure your video card meets requirements and has a certified driver.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
gdragos
in reply to: TravisNave

Okay. The "Subscription Center" as in online?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: gdragos

Yes.  http://subscription.autodesk.com.  Should be listed there.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report