We've been using Lenovo machines in our environment forever now, and we have a standard Windows 7 image deployed across all machines.. AutoDesk 2012 x64 installs with no issues on any Lenovo machine we have up to the Thinkcentre m92 series.
After purchasing several hundred units of the next model up, the Thinkcentre m93, we're finding the same version of AutoDesk isn't installing on them. It loads and runs the C++ Redistributables, shows the loading bar for a few seconds, then suddenly stops. We're not getting any error messages, or any information in either the Event Viewer or Reliability History. It's as if the install was never even attempted.
After some investigation, we discovered the new model is using a different manufacturer for the chipset. All the old systems were using New Bridge chips, and now they're all Haswell. I'm not sure if this is the cause, but it's the only major difference between the two systems we can find.
I've already attempted updating drivers and firmware for everything on the m93. I was wondering if there were any patches on the AutoCad side that might help.
Post the installation log. If it does fail on the prereq, make sure it is uninstalled first. Also, when installing the 2012, do NOT install it with the service pack during the installation. 2012 was notorious for many different 1603 failures.
I got it, thanks to you. When you said uninstall the pre-reqs, it made me take a hard look at what those pre-reqs were. amd I realized there was a slight version difference. It all came down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319.
Older models on the network either had this version or no version installed, so AutoDesk either skipped it or installed it and moved on with the rest of the install package. Our m93's had version 10.0.40219 installed. When the package got to the point where it wanted to install this, it checked the version, and saw that a newer version was already on the machine. Instead of skipping this and moving on with the install, it just crashed out.
Downgrading it back to 10.0.30319 before installing AutoDesk fixed the issue.
Thanks for you help.