Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues creating Win7 64bit Network Install on a MS 2003 Network for Civil3d 64b

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SeanFoster4654
574 Views, 7 Replies

Issues creating Win7 64bit Network Install on a MS 2003 Network for Civil3d 64b

Hi,

I'm trying to install Civil3D 2011 on a Win 7 64 bit machine on a MS 2003 network (and later create a deployment).

When I need to enter the location of the license server (during installation of the network verion of Civil3D 2011) the Win 7 64b machine can only find other Win 7 machines on the system, not the network location used in the network 2010 XP install we did a year ago.

1) What format should I type?

I have tried:

cc-svr-image  <the Server>

cc-svr-image\Civil3D <the partition>

None of the above work, when I run the installed Civil3D - it just brings up a message " license not found"

Would these work:

\\cc-svr-image\Civil3D:27000

\\cc-svr-image\

27000@cc-svr-image

2) What is a shorter way of trialling the above? Currently I have to unistall each install and then go thru a complete installation process for each format I trial.

#################################################

Have tried turning network discovery on, on the Win 7 machine Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center->Advanced sharing settings.

Screen dumps from lmtools follow (but these are for the XP installs)

1.JPG

2.JPG

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

During the installation process only the server name is enough

cc-svr-image

If you have issues connecting to the license server, it could be due to the firewall on the server or client

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8

No not what you suggest (or IT says this isn't the case):

Currently we are trying to create a Win7, 64b Civil3D2011 Network install on a 2003 Network.

I will also be trying a Win7, 32b Civil3D2011 Network Install &

also a XP, 32b Civil3D2011 Network Install.

An XP, 32b Civil3D2010 Network install works fine.

In the interim, any further suggestion?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

have you got the new license file for 2011 ?

Have you upgraded the License Server to the 11.7 (which comes with 2011 DVD)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8

yes.  the 2011 License Server (11.7) version is on the server, as well as the previous.  There does not seem to be much difference between the two, as both seem to work. 

I do not want to delete the 2010 one as this may cause problems with current installs - don't want that pressure headache

Message 6 of 8

if you can connect to port 2080 and 27000 to the license server, that should be enough

(you can check this using telnet or IE)

if you can't please check firewall, Name resolution and any other anti virus blocking this.

network discovery is not required for this application.

if give us exact errors on the server and client there might be some clue..

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8

OK,

It would appear that the wrong *.lic file was being referenced. 

Moving on the 64b WIn7 Network Civil3D install was completed.  However, this was done with the Network Administrators log-in.  When I then log in with my local Admin I get an error shown below:

ACAD.JPG

and the loading fails.  This happens when I try to install Civil3D under local admin as well.

It seems that our IT has taken the My Docs off the local drive and onto the 'backuppable' server.  To do this they have edited the registry AND reference like this:  cc-svr-home\home$

Now, our IT have struck this issue before with Adobe Acrobat, and they indicated that it took a upgrade/patch to fix the problem as the software was not recognising the '$' in " cc-svr-home\home$ "

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Sean

Message 8 of 8

Its the Windows installer throwing out this error, there are some work around mentioned here on Microsoft site.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894510

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report