Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Activating Autodesk Design Academy 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sumnerm
927 Views, 8 Replies

Issues Activating Autodesk Design Academy 2013

Hi, I'm trying to get a lab at the school I'm working for running. It needs to be running Autodesk Design Academy 2013, but whenever I try to Activate a product such as AutoCAD 2013, I get Error Code 123 with the serial number I provide. The thirty day trial has expired and I cannot uninstall and reinstall to get that back, so the Mac version fix is impossible to do at this time. This is a Network install so there is a working Network License Manager running in the background supporting the older Autodesk Design Academy 2012, which is still running correctly.

Currently running:

Autodesk Design Academy 2013

Machine:

Windows XP SP3

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz

3 GB RAM

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
camilo.lemos
in reply to: sumnerm

Hi sumnerm and welcome to the community.

Can you please send me your serial number via private message and I'll have a look at it for you? 

Please, click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on "Send Private Message"

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 9
philip.s

HI sumnerm,

As it sounds like you are attempting to activate individual components, it is important to note that Autodesk Design Academy 2013 needs to be downloaded and installed as a suite / package.

I've just added you onto the corresponding subscription contract (you should have received a welcome email), and you will now be able to access the software via the Subscription Center.

How to download from within the Subscription Center - VIDEO LINK

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance or accept as a solution if this fully resolves your issue.

Message 4 of 9
sumnerm
in reply to: philip.s

The video is nice and informative, but it doesn't resolve my issue.

I've already spent a good two to three days downloading the Autodesk Design Academy 2013 suite from the Subscription Center to a Network Share that has hosted previous versions of the software. That's not the issue.

I ran the packaged installer from Autodesk to install the suite onto a machine in order to build an image to push out to the rest of the machines in the room. That went fine, it was installed as a network copy pointing to the new FLEX NLM server I built following the Autodesk KB instructions. This also included serial and product numbers provided by Autodesk Customer Service. So the installer is not the issue as it has no errors.

However, when I try to run AutoCAD 2013, the primary application used in this lab, I am stopped by the Activation screen and asked to provide the Serial Number and Product Number. As this was a Network Server install, it includes what I copied and pasted from Customer Service into the blanks. Clicking Continue cycles me back to the same screen where the pre-defined codes are displayed with a red error ending in Error Code 123.

Message 5 of 9
philip.s

Thanks for clarifying sumnerm.

Although you mentioned setting this up as a networked copy, the associated error message in our back-end system would suggest that it's resulting from the wrong product (already ruled out) or the wrong deployment.

Has AutoCAD ever been installed on that machine in the past as a standalone? If so, there could be some leftover registry files pointing to it at which point I'd suggest a clean uninstall.

Message 6 of 9
sumnerm
in reply to: philip.s

Until I did the initial Network Install, it had had Autodesk Design Academy 2012 installed as a Network Install. Then I installed the 2013 version and got Error Code 123 while opening AutoCAD 2013. Had to let it sit past thirty days and then uninstalled and reinstalled it as a standalone install just to see if I got anything different. Still getting the same exact error as before. I can try the clean uninstall but at this point my faith in the process is lacking. -- Matt Sherman Technology Technician Sumner Community School District 802 West 6th Street Sumner, IA 50674
Message 7 of 9
philip.s

Thank you very much for giving this a shot. 

Please note that there may be some remnants left after the clean uninstall process, at which case a 3rd party tool such as the Microsoft Clean-Up Utility would need to be utilized.

Please circle back and let us know if this resolves the issue and or if you need additional support. 

Message 8 of 9
soyroy1
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I don't understand why if you have the correct serial number you have to go thru this nightmare.

Could you please teach me what to do when the answer is " your serial number is not valid " .

Message 9 of 9
lynn_zhang
in reply to: soyroy1

Hi @soyroy1 Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Usually if you see that type of error it means that the license has been marked upgraded or returned. To have your license status verified, please contact the Activation and Registration team directly:

1. Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
  2. Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
  3. Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
  4. Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report