Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with running NavisWorks 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GraysonWalker
275 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with running NavisWorks 2014

I work for Boise State University and we have a few users who've been installing NavisWorks on their machines.  We've had no issues installing it on a few of the PCs but one of them is giving us some problems.  After the program installs and we register it, we boot it up for the first time and it says the program has stopped working.  It said that there was a dmp file created and that it wanted to send the crash analysis out, which we did.

There is no hardware difference or OS difference from the computers that work and the ones that don't work.  I've analyzed the dmp file and exported the info to a word doc and attached it.  Any ideas for getting this issue resolved?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: GraysonWalker

GraysonWalker ,

Hello. Your error lists kernel \ntdll.dll

This is a windows DLL. You have something incorrectly installed in your OS.

Uninstall the program and uninstall all the Microsoft C++ on the machine and the NET environment entries.

Then reinstall Navisworks after this. If this does not help, I would look at the Windows Event viewer and see if it references anything more specific.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
GraysonWalker
in reply to: dembkod

I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the quick response!
Message 4 of 4

I uninstalled the video drivers for the graphics card he had and then reinstalled them which worked.  Thanks for all the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report