Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with graphite modeling tools

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
snakevskitty
1919 Views, 1 Reply

Issue with graphite modeling tools

I have installed student version of 3DS MAX 32bit 2011 but it gives me errors when I try to open the program(I will attach the screenshot). Then whether I answer to the error "Yes" or "No", it always opens the program without graphite modeling tool. The icon for the tool looks unclickable, when I click it, the message "Error parsing Xaml: Root element is missing." pops up.

I tried uninstalling the program and installed it again but it still gives me the same problem. If there is a way to solve this, I would appreciate any advice I could receive.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I found a way to resolve this problem:

thanks to many forum like CGsociety and the Max site I discovred that someone found the same problem and to resolve it you must do :

in folder properties in the control panel you must go in folder option and check on show  hidden folder and file, and maybe also check off hide system protected file (I done it only for this operation)

then search on windows the file MaxManaged.xaml  it is a file that sometimes ,for unknown reasons , delete himself (I switched off my pc when Max was still running)

Anyway , if you found it you will found in the same folder a similar file,   MaxManaged.xaml.backup   so make a copy of this file and rename the copy MaxManaged.xaml   , infact the original MaxManaged.xaml dimension     is 0 byte  so delete it and rename the backup copy

And do a copy of MaxManaged.xaml.backup or if you'll have again the same problem I don't think you'll be able to solve it

PS sorry for my  orrible English (I'm Italian )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report