Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a License Transfer Utility for AutoCAD LT 2011?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cinci-hal
5573 Views, 6 Replies

Is there a License Transfer Utility for AutoCAD LT 2011?

I would like to tranfer my AutoCAD LT 2011 license temporarily to my laptop for field work, but I can't seem to find it. Does AutoCAD LT 2011 have this capability? If so, where do I find it? I have serched for it at Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT 2011 > License Transfer Utility, but it does not exist. Can I download this utility form Autodesk?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: cinci-hal

Windows Start Button>Programs>Autodesk>AutoCAD LT 2011>License Transfer Utility... is where you activate it.

If you don't see it you did not install it, so you need to repair reinstall LT and select it to install.

Message 3 of 7
cinci-hal

There is nothing named License Transfer Utility in Programs>AutoDesk>AutoCAD LT 2011 on my computer. Could you

please tell me the exact file name including extension of the file to look for? I also went to Control Panel >

Add/Remove Programs AutoCAD Lt 2011-English, clicked Change/Remove and was presented with three options: Add or

Remove Features, Repair or Reinstall, and Uninstall. I know you said to pick Repair or Reinstall, but Add or

Remove Features looked like the more logical option, so that’s what I chose. In the next window I made sure

License Transfer Utility was checked, which it was already, incidentally, and clicked Next, Next, and Finish to

update and finish the installation. I went back and looked and there was still no file or folder called License

Transfer Utility. And, yes I do have my PC set to see hidden files, unknown extensions, etc. etc. So, next I tried

the Repair or Reinstall option, which actually has two sub options: Repair my AutoCAD Lt 2011 installation or

Reinstall my AutoCAD LT 2011 installation. I chose Reinstall. This went through the process of reinstalling all

the AutoCAD LT 2011 files off the CD, however it did not present me with any options to specifically choose what

Features to include in the installation, so again I looked and sure enough, there is still nothing called License

Transfer Utility in Programs>AutoDesk>AutoCAD LT 2011 on My computer. Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Custom Install, or the basic install?

What you seek have been a core feature for a long time. There is no external download to get.

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures if needed:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Message 5 of 7
cinci-hal

Sorry. I figured it out. I am so used to doing things the old fashioned way .. by going through windows explorer to open an exe file, while all I had to do is exactly as it was explained, Start > Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT 2011 > License Transfer. It was there all the time. So sorry for the trouble.

Message 6 of 7
dustin.keith

So when I click on the License Transfer Utility. Nothing happens....  I have tried the reinstall and the repair options...  I have also tried to uninstall and I get an error that will not let me uninstall the program.  The error is  "1: 5 2: adlmPITRemoveProductInformation failed. 3: 12

I have recently added Factory Design Suite Ultimate to my PC and I am trying to move my ACAD LT 2011 to another computer.

Message 7 of 7

PIT file error should be related this.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13525253

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report