Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is multi seat stand alone an option for AutoCAD + Electrical 2012 in UK

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
coup27
759 Views, 2 Replies

Is multi seat stand alone an option for AutoCAD + Electrical 2012 in UK

Hi,

We currently have 1 stand alone licence of AutoCAD Electrical 2011 with support for updates installed on one machine.  We would like the facility for when our CAD man is off sick, somebody else can use the licence on their machine without having to move to the other end of the building to sit at his desk.

The multi seat stand alone licence sounds perfect for what we are trying to achieve but i cannot confirm if this is an option on our package.

I know we could use a network licence but that would cost an additional £1300 to upgrade to that, plus we don't have a server right now to manage it.

I did read about second installation rights on another machine as long as it wasn't in use the same time as the first installation but could not confirm if this was only in a non commercial environment such as the cad mans house.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dazzman
in reply to: coup27

I think that the multiple seat option is for 1 serial number that covers all the purchased licenses so to be legal you would be required to purchase another copy.

In the past we used to dual license the product so that the user could use it out of the office on a laptop and also on a PC when in the office but you are only allowed to use either not both at the same time.

You can setup a workstation to run the network license without a server as long as its networked you should be able to use the product on other systems.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Dazzman

Right, I'd pay the network activation cost for the one seat.  It's only a one time fee and it will allow you to install the software on a maximum number of PCs, while only allowing one to run at a time.  If there is no need for you to spend the money on a second seat (multi-seat) then just pay the network activation fee. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report