Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it *really* necessary to turn off A/V when installing/uninstalling?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deltacoolguy
338 Views, 2 Replies

Is it *really* necessary to turn off A/V when installing/uninstalling?

Is it *really* necessary to turn off A/V programs when installing/uninstalling Acad?

Instructions say to do so, but turning off my avast is not clear, so I searched for instructions and I come across avast forums where everybody says that is "old thinking" and is no longer necessary as it used to be.

Thoughts?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Hi, deltacoolguy

The answser is YES, as you can see the recommend at the end of this solution. Since there are so many anti-virus applications and different configuration, maybe someone will install successfully without disable his anti-virus application, but we can not guarantee this will works for you.

More explaination:

Disable any virus-checking software running on your system. Virus-checking applications may block certain activities detected as suspicious, e.g., accessing the registry or adding/removing/updating DLL files, even though these activities are common when installing or removing programs. Not only can it slow down the installation process, but it can actually introduce corruption. So make sure that your virus checking software is turned off before you install, and make sure you turn it back on when you're complete

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
deltacoolguy
in reply to: emily.xu

Thanks for the info.

I have started the following thread regarding my specific situation...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Loading-Civil-3D-hangs-up-on-splash-screen/td-p...

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report