Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use/activate different versions of Maya at the same time?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mico_daluz
599 Views, 7 Replies

Is it possible to use/activate different versions of Maya at the same time?

I downloaded the 2012 version of it onto my Macbook in 2011 (the student license will expire next august). Because my recent animation class is using the 2013 and 2014 versions of Maya, I decided to download and install both onto my new laptop. I've received a serial number, product key, and activation code for both versions, but when I first launched the programs, the activation wizard did not appear. Is this an error, or does it not show up because I am already using the 2012 version on my mac? I would like to use the latest versions of maya for my class, but if this is not allowed, I will gladly remove them from my laptop or let the 30 day trial expire.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: mico_daluz

Yes.  I would re-install uninstall and reinstall the software.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

The next issue is activation.  You can try this post:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/general-licensing-getting-an-activation-code-manu...

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
mico_daluz

Thanks for the quick response. My three versions of maya are on separate laptops though. The 2012 on the mac and both 2013 and 2014 on my new dell. Could this be a problem as to why I could not activate both 2013 and 2014? Should I have transferred my 2012 version license onto my new dell before installing the 2 latest version?
Thanks.
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

No, that shouldn't matter.  What problem are you facing?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
mico_daluz
in reply to: TravisNave

When I successfully installed both versions and launched them for the first time, the activation wizard never showed up. Even when I open the programs now, there's no pop-up window stating if I wish to activate my products. So I never got to use the activation codes Autodesk sent me. I'm just worried that both programs will expire at some point without me knowing, and I need to use them for my animation assignments.

Message 6 of 8
david.lau

Can you uninstall Internet Explorer 10 if you it installed on your computer?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/06/launching-an-autodesk-product-internet-explorer-1...

To confirm if you are in trial mode, just click on About Maya > Product Information.

David Lau
Message 7 of 8
mico_daluz
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you so much for the reply. I checked the product info, and it says the license type is Standalone-Locked and the expiration date of the license. So I'm guessing it has been activated already.

Message 8 of 8
philip.s

Hi Mico!

Adding onto this one just in case it's relevant, the Install Now delivery method from the Education Community downloads and installs the product simultaneously, while automatically entering your serial number and product key for a behind the scenes activation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report