Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor professional 2012 has invalid SERIALNUM

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
frasher1993
824 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor professional 2012 has invalid SERIALNUM

Hi,

I'm trying to run 2012 inventor and it has been working fine previously then I did a system restore and autodeak inventor no longer works and has the invalid SERIALNUM error displayed and won't open the program.

I'm running on windows 7 BOOTCAMP so pretty much a windows system. I've tried re-installing the software and am now using another account and serial number, still no success.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated so I can get this up and running ASAP without re-installing my windows partition.

Cheers.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: frasher1993

Welcome to thew forum.

When you did a reinstall did you do a Clean Uninstall

first?  If not the system probably still has info in the registry from the initial install.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

Many have had luck with the clean reinstall, as Scott mentioned.  Others have had luck with reinstalling .NET.

See this article:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/inventor-family-an-autodesk-product-failed-to-sen...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
frasher1993

Cheers, I was wondering if you had a link to the steps to try a clean uninstall that I could follow?
Message 5 of 9
frasher1993

Also I will try your solution Travis if the clean uninstall doesn't work! I guess if all else fails I can dete bootcamp all together and re-install it. It'd be a pain but would probably be guaranteed to work? But I'd prefer not to have to do this....
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

You should be able to click it above in his original reply or in my msi
cleanup post in my signature.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

That would probably do it. Save it for a last ditch effort.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
dembkod

frasher1993,

Hello. This is a difficult issue. If the prior suggestions do not help, and you really need this working, I would reformat Windows and start over. I know it might be a pain, but the hour it takes to do this is probably going to save you 20 hours of frustration and testing that may ultimately not solve the issue. Something is out of sync and buried in the OS somewhere. 

A NET uninstall and reinstall is usually the best solution.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

@frasher1993 wrote:
Cheers, I was wondering if you had a link to the steps to try a clean uninstall that I could follow?

Now that I am back in the office, I can use my macros!  Smiley Very Happy

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Hope that helps.  Otherwise, you'll likely have to revert to an OS reinstall.  Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report